You are not logged in.

#1 11-02-06 20:23:25

adam
Verified Member

cardington speacial test

has anyone out there done the cardington spacial test or the diamond advanced test?? any difference in the two? is it just like the part 2 exam? i have been thinking about CPD, going on and getting more training and more qualifications. can only benefit me and the pupils i guess. anybody out there got any good advice about CPD or the advanced tests????

11-02-06 20:23:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: cardington speacial test

#2 11-02-06 22:24:53

evan

Hi adam try emailing anthony coles at coles driving academy cardiff, he does part 1 2 3 training and I believe he has also taken this course, he's very helpful. hope this helps evan

#3 13-02-06 07:37:57

Trumper
Verified Member

Cardington special A and Diamond special are a higher standard than Part 2. You are allowed 3 faults with Cardington and 2 with Diamond.

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

#4 14-02-06 22:31:03

bev

:evil:  Have applied for cardington test but have been told that there is a waiting list for the test of up to 18 months

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 14-02-06 22:50:59

bcsom
Verified Member
Website

I've passed both these tests, and train of rthem.

Basically:

DIAmond Advanced Similar to Part 2, I'd say slightly higher standard; 1 hour; 6 minor errors maximum; All mans, except Emergency Stop

DIAmond Special Very high standard, 90 minutes; 2 minor unrepetaed errors, maximum; All mans, except Emergency Stop

Think you're a good driver?  Go for these tests & prove it!

Russ Green DSA ADI
BLUE CAR School of Motoring
Sheffield

ORDIT 1, 2 & 3 Approved 1-2-1 Pay-As-You-Go Driving Instructor Training

DIAmond Advanced Tests
DIAmond Special Tests

www.blue-car.co.uk (thanks Jonks!)

#6 15-02-06 02:12:53

luchell

Out of interest why do you feel the DIAmond advanced is a slightly higher standard than part 2. What makes it different? In my understanding it is marked the same way as part two, same manoeuvres and same time length. I always thought they were the same? Im just interested here smile

I really want to take the DIAmond special. Waiting times are massive here as well!!

#7 15-02-06 21:41:49

bcsom
Verified Member
Website

Because from what I recall of the marking sheet, some of the faults are grouped together more than they are on the DL25.  But it is based on the Part 2, and the standard is supposed to be the same.

IfI have a PDI that's overly concerned ab out a Part 2 (especially if they've lost an attempt or 2, by substandard training elsewhere) I advise them to take the DIAmond Advanced first.  They can get the first hand experience (which Mock Tests don't give really), and normally give the candidiate a bit more confidence - if they're overly concerned.  In reality, most decline this suggestion - but it's there.

Russ Green DSA ADI
BLUE CAR School of Motoring
Sheffield

ORDIT 1, 2 & 3 Approved 1-2-1 Pay-As-You-Go Driving Instructor Training

DIAmond Advanced Tests
DIAmond Special Tests

www.blue-car.co.uk (thanks Jonks!)

Board footer