You are not logged in.

#1 27-01-06 00:13:55

sw
Verified Member

Bank Accounts

I'm hopefully starting on a trainee licence soon but was wondering what type of bank acocunts do you use for your payments? It's logical to keep your own current account seperate from the account you use for cheques and cash from pupils I would have thought. Do you open a business account with a bank/building society, or use a seperate cuurent account? I would have thought if you're using a seperate current account which is for personal use, ie not a business, then the bank would get suspicious if you're paying in quite a few cheques at once or a load of cash regularly. Maybe i'm being a bit thick but some help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

27-01-06 00:13:55

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Bank Accounts

#2 27-01-06 16:08:18

luchell

All mine goes into my normal current account. i have a list of all takings how many hours the pupil had that day etc and hand that to my book keeper. Hes happy with that as he can tell how much is mine and what ive earnt. Simplest way me thinks big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 27-01-06 18:46:10

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

Use your current account. Never had a problem with it. Business bank accounts cost or are difficult to use to get free banking. We only got a business account when we started the school.

Colin Martin
The Bright Red L http://thebrightredl.com
Instructor Apps http://drivinginstructorapps.co.uk
Apps Video channel https://www.youtube.com/colinbythesea

#4 27-01-06 23:02:06

la.monikita
Verified Member

abbey does FREE business banking (my hubby has one), an you can pay money in day or night via the "hole in the wall", i've opened Barkley current acc (b4 i knew abt abbey), but did not tell them it was for business so it's free banking 8-). if they ever come asking i'll swap banks big_smile, keeping things separate make it clearer

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#5 28-01-06 06:32:17

sparkle

Halifax current account for everything, cant be doing with 2 accounts, it would do my brain in..i can just about keep track of the one..but thats me tongue

#6 28-01-06 10:19:21

Moominhater

I'm gonna probably gonna get another account when I start to keep things separate cause I'm a terrible spend a holic :evil:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url]

#7 29-01-06 01:26:45

Andi

MMmm,

I think i'll get another personal account for my use.....wouldnt want to confuse my hubby any more than he already is big_smile big_smile......He's never quite been the same since we went 'joint'.. :evil:
Lots of good advice here tho'....i didnt know you could just use a personal account!! neutral

Andi

1.gif

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 29-01-06 08:44:22

DAVE-ADI

i didnt know you could just use a personal account!!

Just don't tell the bank it's for business.   

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 29-01-06 10:41:52

Andi

i didnt know you could just use a personal account!!

Just don't tell the bank it's for business.

wink wink.....No, ill tell em its for my 'stash'....lol..Thanks Dave

Andi

1.gif

#10 29-01-06 22:37:22

sw
Verified Member

I think banks dont like you using a personal account for a business and it would be quite notceable if you're paying in quite a few cheques regularly as most people get paid by bank transfer now. Also, I believe large companies like BSM and Red take credit card payments over the phone from learners, I guess the money that's owed to you from that is paid directly into your account by bank transfer?

#11 29-01-06 22:38:57

sparkle

I dont accept cheques..im also careful about how much goes into the bank wink

#12 29-01-06 22:43:27

Andi

Mmmmm,

so what do you do then? Pay monies in weekly..monthly?...I wouldnt be keen on accepting cheques i must admit..whats the bet every other one i had would be made of rubber :oops: :oops:...

How often do you visit the bank then?...

Andi

1.gif

#13 29-01-06 22:48:31

sparkle

I go the bank about once a month if that..HATE the bank visits..such a chore..and when i go..i only drop enough to pay 'stuff' ... dont wann look like ive got a job or something do i lol

#14 29-01-06 22:51:11

Andi

roll Ive got it now.... :evil: :evil:....Takes a while on a sunday night!! lol

Andi

1.gif

#15 29-01-06 22:51:54

la.monikita
Verified Member

can't say am happy to get cheques but, some just can't be helped, if i have cheque, i will try to bank it the same week yikes (that's why i don't like them).
sparks can you give me the details of your accountant? lol hmm madam where is it exactly that you got the money to buy this Mercedes then lol?

oh, and i use the quick post money in envelopes, hate waiting, and been banking on the internet for the last 6 years 8-)

Abraham Maslow

#16 30-01-06 10:32:45

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

I think banks dont like you using a personal account for a business and it would be quite notceable if you're paying in quite a few cheques regularly as most people get paid by bank transfer now. Also, I believe large companies like BSM and Red take credit card payments over the phone from learners, I guess the money that's owed to you from that is paid directly into your account by bank transfer?

Have paid in cash and cheques on a regular basis for 5 years to an alliance and leicester personal account without any trouble. Only use the business account for cheques in the business name as its postal pay in only.

Colin Martin

#17 30-01-06 15:06:03

New Girl
Verified Member

For all business stuff I have a seperate current account with Nationwide.  Transfer money to my other Nationwide personal account via internet banking when needed and pay in any takings at the cash point once a week.  Not to good at having cash on me for long periods of time.....seems to go walkabouts!

#18 30-01-06 16:20:53

Andi

So...is it better to open a account (personal) for business use, bank cheques and monies into your 'main' account, then do online transfers to your 'business' account??

Andi

1.gif

#19 30-01-06 17:54:18

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

So...is it better to open a account (personal) for business use, bank cheques and monies into your 'main' account, then do online transfers to your 'business' account??

Andi

If you want to keep your 'business' account separate just go to your bank and open a second current account. Many people do this, I used to when I had a proper job to keep track of company expenses. Then you can pay in as normal.

You shouldn't need a business account as an individual instructor.

Colin Martin

#20 12-02-06 20:40:41

sw
Verified Member

Has anyone had their bank question it when they pay in quite a few cheques and a lot of cash into a personal account?

#21 12-02-06 22:41:30

la.monikita
Verified Member

Has anyone had their bank question it when they pay in quite a few cheques and a lot of cash into a personal account?

not yet,

Abraham Maslow

#22 12-02-06 23:07:20

Django

Bank account??? Hmmmmmmm I think I remember what one of those was. neutral

#23 12-02-06 23:09:12

la.monikita
Verified Member

do you have fat matress then wink big_smile

Abraham Maslow

#24 12-02-06 23:13:06

Django

Yeah it makes sleeping awkward but there you go. Seriously though I have no bank account as people that know me know. wink

#25 13-02-06 01:05:18

Andi

That shoe box is a bloomin wonderfull thing though aint it??  big_smile big_smile

Andi

1.gif

Board footer