You are not logged in.

#1 21-01-06 21:05:16

Lisajb21

12volt car vacums...any good ?

Hi
Was thinking about investing in a 12 volt car vacum....have any of you got 1 ?  I have been told they are not that powerfull & i would be better off with an extention lead & the old Dyson out on the drive  neutral
Although i realise the 12v will be portable & less hassle..should i need a quick vacum when not at home...any makes & model tips much appreciated  wink

21-01-06 21:05:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 12volt car vacums...any good ?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 21-01-06 21:20:04

bzcee

Hhhmmmmmmm.......good question. I had one years ago and to be honest didnt use it a lot. Felt that by the time I went to get it out of cupboard I could have got the normal hover and yes it didnt seem that powerful. I also tried one of those small re-chargeable ones you can get..........got sick of re-charging it big_smile

Now I just use the big vacuum  in front of the house. much better.

ermmms.jpg
Your information is visible to YOU only

fighting0092.gifstupid little winker

#3 22-01-06 17:00:00

luchell

Personally, in the past i have found them quite useless at picking up things. Got the new dustbuster recently and i may as well not bother trying to properly vacuum the car. Maybe for picking up crumbs but i prefer to use a 'proper' vacuum :oops:

#4 22-01-06 20:49:17

Lisajb21

Thanks for your replies so far...dont sound too  good do they ?  neutral
Annoying thing was mum asked me today if i wanted one for my birthday still & i said Yes  :oops:
Will have to grab her early tommorow & stop her dash to Arogs lol  big_smile
By the sounds of it im better of making the effort to get the Dyson out on the drive  wink

#5 22-01-06 23:10:47

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

I have tried loads, they are not up to the job.
Dont waste your time.

#6 23-01-06 13:13:56

Badger

Complete waste of cash.

You are better off with 5 mins from the garage vacuum machine but watch the hose it gets really filthy sometimes.

You want a birthday present - how about a home shredder to ward of identity theft

Badger

Badger

#7 23-01-06 13:42:56

Lisajb21

Defo not getting one now  wink
I will just have to get me back side into gear & get the hoover out on the drive or go to the local garage..when they do eventually get some tokens in  :x
As to the shredder Badger...i do have one on the way...due to turn up in the next 3 years i think..long story..but i returned to BT & they promised me a lovely new cross cut shredder back in November...still waiting & waiting & waiting...thats BT for you  :x

#8 31-01-06 23:02:42

Russ
Verified Member
Website

I was bought a JCB cordless car vac at xmas. though won't br much good!

Wrong on a full charge cleaned car extreemly well almost as good as the dyson. came with plenty of attachments can honestly say though it would be ***p but so far beets getting extension leadout then vacume. keep it in boot 2 mins end of day ok.

Evn my daughter was inpressed and has knicked it twice to clean her car.
Russ

#9 01-02-06 20:02:01

Lisajb21

Hi Russ
was it very expensive if you dont mind me asking  wink

#10 01-02-06 21:18:09

Mmm

50p from car boot sale does for me. keep it in the car's boot (as it were) and use it those times youre 10 mins early for a lesson, along with a shake out of the mats does the trick. I use it more often than i hoover the house! (althought thats not saying much....)

#11 01-02-06 22:02:34

Russ
Verified Member
Website

think it is £25 in Argos.
russ

#12 04-02-06 21:36:35

kevdyas
Verified Member
Website

I got a rechargable hoover from Tesco (one of the cheapo Value ones!) and it does the job nicely! If I am doing a major clean out then I get the big hoover but for a once a week clean its fine! Also used it when I spilt a drink because it soaks up liquids too!

Kev.

DSA Approved Driving Instructor (Car)
Drive iQ Pro Coach
IAM Senior Observer/DIAmond Advanced Motorist/RoSPA - Gold
www.wheelsbydrivingschool.com

Board footer