You are not logged in.

#1 28-08-04 22:29:30

webb

i want to start to learn to drive but how do i get about it

i dont know wether to do a course or weekly lessons?

28-08-04 22:29:30

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: i want to start to learn to drive but how do i get about it

#2 29-08-04 15:43:17

paul1

Re: i want to start to learn to drive but how do i get about it

Hi,

I think the best thing for you to do is pick up your yellow pages, phone maybe half a dozen schools - national and independent ones - ask the same question and listen carefully to what they say. Discuss it with parents/friends. Get lots of different opinions and then GO FOR IT! If it doesn't work out with your first choice, CHANGE!

You will probably find it useful to have a least two hours assessment before you decide.

Like so many of these types of decisions you can "um and ah" forever but you just have to go with what you think is right at the time.

My personal opinion is that generally it is best to learn to drive over a period of months having perhaps 2 to 4 hours per week. In my experience 2 hours per week is ideal for most people. Occasionally I get a pupil who is a "natural" and if you're like this then maybe a intensive course is for you. Otherwise it's quite a risk - A risk that you may not be ready for the test at the end of the course and not be able to take it and therefore lose your fee - Most driving instructors would not let you take the test if they didn't think you were capable and safe and this is normally a condition of an intensive course.

So, Choose carefully and don't forget, if it doesn't work out with your first choice of driving school there is nothing to stop you changing.

Good luck,
Paul.

Board footer