You are not logged in.

#1 31-01-06 16:34:55

Sammyp

My test today

:cry:
Well I failed my driving test today Im gutted and annoyed at myself!!!
I got 6 minors and 2 serious!
1 serious was for stalling at a junction coming onto the dual carriageway and the other was for pulling out to quickly and a car had to overtake!  I am so annoyed at myself cause I saw it happening and didnt stop to think I was just so nervous and full of adrenalin!!!
Oh well i was straight back online to book my second test and I gunna drive fantastic on the next one I am determined!!!
I just feel so gutted and upset at the moment I feel like Im a failure.
How did anyone else feel if they failed in the past? Was it easier the second time around?
xxxx

31-01-06 16:34:55

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: My test today

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 31-01-06 16:46:58

Moominhater

Don't worry too much about it, just keep practising and you'll get there.  It took me three attempts, but I did it.  6 minors isn't bad you know.

Moomin

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url]

#3 31-01-06 16:53:42

Sammyp

:cry:
I know I am so dissapointed with myself! Never mind my next one is booked and I just need to work on what I got wrong!
I just wasnt concentrating properly and did silly things that I know not to do!!
Never mind I will do it next time for sure!!!

#4 31-01-06 16:58:11

1stdrive

I got 2 majors on my 1st. stalled half way across a dual carriageway (don't ask how :?) and was waiting for so long at a busy roundabout I worried about hesitation and screamed out in front of a BMW. Same as you full of adrenaline and probably not thinkin straight. I was so gutted, wots worse is I already had a car. Think I just sat and looked at it on my driveway for hours. 2nd time is easier and for me definately less hectic. GOOD LUCK

#5 31-01-06 17:01:30

Sammyp

Oh thanks 1st drive you got more or less the same as me!! I am determined to pass my second one I tell ya!!!
It felt horrible when they say you have failed!! Oh well chin up its only a driving test and Im gunna do it next time!!!
Need to get over it!!!

#6 31-01-06 19:41:18

Myboysmum

Bad luck. Keep trying, you've got a great positive attitude the examiner obviously wasn't ready to be overwhelmed by your driving skills this time  wink. Next time he'll be ready for it.

It took my husband 5 attempts before he passed and took my mother 7 so to fail the first isn't all that bad. You'll be fine

A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A, M.D or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have a J.O.B.         
Fats Domino.

Passed theory 35/35 & 52/75
Test passed 3 minors!!!    I'm free

#7 31-01-06 22:17:09

Sammyp

smile
Oh thanks for that Myboysmum I know I drove really well (apart from messing up due to nerves and the fact that I wanted to get through it) I am going to focus on my next one and just get with it and I know now what to expect next time so I am ready for the examiner to see my skills!!!
I know I can do it just nerves got the better of me!!!

#8 03-02-06 12:57:54

SusiQ

sorry to hear you didnt get the result you were after this time, but yes it most certainly IS eaiser second time round. I failed for 2 serious and 8 minor ( i think) on my first one, basically down to nerves making me do things silly that i had never done before.
The next time, you will be far more aware of what to expect, you know the examiner is human and you know how to drive the car, so relax, breath, take your time and just drive as you know you can wink

#9 03-02-06 16:45:51

Sammyp

Thanx SusiQ!!  I know I am so ready for the next one it cant come quick enough!!!

Just want to drive now I see everyonbe driving and Im sooooo Jealous!!!!
Never mind Im passin!!

Thanks for the support!!!

I was just too nervous and anxious!!!
xxx

#10 03-02-06 17:18:39

Mmm

With only 6 minors (assuming they are  in different boxes and unrelated to your serious faults) it sounds like your general driving is pretty good and perhaps the problem is just that youre doing random stuff on test?! I reckon this is quite common and I like to give my learners lots of mock tests to get these kind of unusual errors out of the system and get them used to the test situation. Having taken one test will deffo help you for next time as mentioned above. Have you been doing mock tests? Sometimes a good idea is to arrange a mock test with a different ADI so you can get used to someone different sitting there and watching you with a clipboard and giving directions in a different voice.  Some ADIs have arrangements with their colleagues to "swap" pupils for a mock test for this very reason. Good luck!

#11 03-02-06 17:23:44

New Girl
Verified Member

Unlucky.....Its always easier 2nd time round.  Treat the first one like a rehersal.  Next time you'll know exactly what to expect and what is expected of you.  I agree with Mmm, a mock test is a great way to overcome the nerves.  A lot of pupils do really random things that they have never done before when they are put under test pressure.  See ifyou can arrange one with your ADI and stay positive for next time.

Good Luck  big_smile

#12 04-02-06 09:07:39

Sammyp

smile
Thanks Newgirl and mmm.  The first one was hard work and I built myself up to fail but this time I am going to be confident and know what to expect!!
Thanks for the advice I will mention this to my instructor!!!

xxxx

Board footer