You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 30-01-06 21:15:20

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

Re: dip di

My pupils don't know what Dip.DI is either but what they do know is I am different and know a heck of a lot. They know I am not an "ordinary" ADI (sorry if that offends but I don't know how else to put it) they know I have studied more and that I have done it for them

Airmiles wrote:

Extra qualifications, like Dip should show you how to identify those customers in the overall market place who are prepared to pay more for what they percieve to be 'something extra'

In my experience pupils don't know the difference between ADI and PDI so having Dip DI will be meaningless to them.

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
F.inst.D.E.R, M.Inst.MTD, M.A.I.R.O, A.I.F.L,
Foster the Joy of Driving
http://dte-elite.co.uk  http://drivertrainingeducation.co.uk

30-01-06 21:15:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#27 30-01-06 21:23:15

DAVE-ADI

They know I am not an "ordinary" ADI

My customers think I'm special too.   
In fact, ask any pupil is their instructor fantastic and they will say yes.   But the vast majority don't know what they are on about because they haven't been with any other ADI to compare.

In 16 years I've never yet met an ADI who doesn't think they are the best.   So, Marconi, your comments are irrelevant.

#28 30-01-06 22:51:06

DAVE-ADI

Where's marconi's reply gone.  Surely it hasn't been 'mod' erated?

#29 31-01-06 07:56:04

Trumper
Verified Member

What's Marconi upto that he can't tell us?? As he works for the AA think he is moving onto instructor training??

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

#30 31-01-06 08:32:37

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

My posts openly say I do instructor training. so its not that

I don't know what happened to my post its gone. I am not complaining it was probally provocative wrote in haste.

I have never heard anyone who has done the Dip.DI say it was a bad thing. Only those who have not done it belittle it. Why is that?

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI

#31 31-01-06 08:53:27

DAVE-ADI

I can't see any post belittling it?   

#32 31-01-06 08:57:35

luchell

If it was moderated it should say so so i dont think it has been. I havent seen a reply im afraid. Although sometimes i seem to lose one ive written. sad

#33 31-01-06 09:01:49

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

It must have appeared for Dave to have read it Sparkle. It went somewhere. I stress I am not complaining am glad its gone

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI

#34 31-01-06 09:05:02

DAVE-ADI

It was just a  valid comment.  It wasn't offensive or critical of anything. 

This forum is getting as bad as the other for censorship.

#35 31-01-06 10:30:24

sparkle

I aint done anything! ive just got back from a test..so wernt me lol

#36 31-01-06 12:49:48

Nanti Carnish

My pupils don't know what Dip.DI is either but what they do know is I am different and know a heck of a lot. They know I am not an "ordinary" ADI (sorry if that offends but I don't know how else to put it)

Sorry but I'm new here and so tell me if I'm out of order. I do find this not offensive but very funny. What you in effect saying is that you are an extraordinary ADI. In otherwords better than other ADIs. I know its just an opinion which is why I don't find it offensive. But who's opinion is it? Your students? Your fellow local ADIs? Your local DEs and Se? Or maybe you think your a legend in your own lunchtime because you have attended a course. Again just an opinion.
As with all ADIs my students think I am a driving guru. However, I don't think I am better or worse than any of my local ADIs. 

#37 31-01-06 13:03:59

VandADI
Administrator

We could all say the same about ourselves.
My pupils know Im different too.  Not every instructor offers their pupils a door to door service on the day of their theory test, but I do.  Does this make me different to the rest?
So Marconi, are you going to tell us why you think you are oh so better than the rest of us?
In what way are you different from the rest of us? Why do you think you know a heck of a lot and we don't?
So many questions, and not enough answers.  roll

#38 31-01-06 13:19:26

jonks

I've had a loock at the moderator logs and the post was removed by a moderator. I'm sure he /she had their reasons. There have been many things in this thread we have had to edit or delete.

#39 31-01-06 15:07:14

Moominhater

Bev

I personally would say go for it and best of luck.  Let me know how you get on with the studying/exams etc.

Liz

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url]

#40 18-10-06 09:42:55

Jimothy
Verified Member

We could all say the same about ourselves.
My pupils know Im different too.  Not every instructor offers their pupils a door to door service on the day of their theory test, but I do.  Does this make me different to the rest?

Door to door service for theory tests?

I'm curious - do you do it for free or for money?

That sounds a bit sarcastic and it's not meant to - I really am curiious.

Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor
Driving Standards Agency Registered Fleet Driver Trainer
ORDIT registered instructor trainer
Accredited BTEC Trainer (Driving Science)
IAM Registered Instructor
IAM Observer

#41 18-10-06 10:01:24

VandADI
Administrator

On the day of pupil's theory test I pick them up from their home, drive them to the theory test centre (I originally thought of incorporating this into a driving lesson with the pupil driving but discovered they were far too nervous to drive), escort them into the test centre (go for a coffee whilst they are taking theory) and then drive them back home again after.  The only proviso is that if they want this service, they have to book their theory test on my day off and I don't charge for this service as its part of my obligations for teaching theory.

#42 18-10-06 13:48:34

Jimothy
Verified Member

Thats a good service to provide. Unfortunately the ware I cover is quite a distance from the nearest theory test centres, so I'm not sure it's an option for me. But I shall certainly have a think about it. Thanks for telling us.

Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor
Driving Standards Agency Registered Fleet Driver Trainer
ORDIT registered instructor trainer
Accredited BTEC Trainer (Driving Science)
IAM Registered Instructor
IAM Observer

Board footer