You are not logged in.

#1 26-01-06 14:02:19

luchell

My checktest.......

Ok well i had my checktest today. I wasn't nervous more fear of the unknown getting to me similar to part three. Strange feeling thats hard to explain.

Met the Se and left Mum in the car. Had chat about how many hours she had done what her strangths and weaknesses are and why she was having lessons.Informed the Se that the lesson would be Anticipation and Forward planning driving through town and the busy outskirts.

He was VERY kind and informative and put me at ease immediately, the second he shook my hand and smiled all my fears had gone. He asked me the name of my company and told me he'd had a chap who called himself 'Hot Rod' which he didnt  think was acceptable but liked mine.

He actually reminded me to recap at the beginning and debrief at the end and told me what time to get us back for. We left probably ten minutes into the test.

Fun and games with my poor mum doing allsorts which was fantastic because i had some really nice faults to get my teeth into and sort. It was a 'busy' lesson thanks to town being hectic and i will remember that advice to keep it less 'busy' so i can concentrate more on the topic at hand than other things going on.

We had a few laughs and i worried maybe i would get marked down on attitude as i had read somewhere, here maybe that family members sometimes we treat them differently to a pupil if you see what i mean. But i was fine there got 6's for communication attitude etc.

Instructional techniques were mainly fives and a few 6's However the important bit the core competencies i scored 5 for fault id 5 for fault analysis but my remedy let me down and got a 4 as i was running out of time to explain things with another fault cropping up hence me saying i will learn to go for a less 'busy' lesson next time so i can actually find somewhere to pull up as there isn't anywhere really round town so would have had to go out of the way to park up and time was rushing away from us.

Got back to the test centre mum waited in the waiting room and we stayed in the car and i got my result.

All in all im delighted to get a grade on my first checktest as i felt this was a milestone for me as it was 'new' and i didnt feel as well informed as i did on my part three. Overall result grade 4. So nearly a 5 but it will be next time. I have great potential apparently :oops: lol

I shall look very much forward to the next one now i know how it will be and all in all a VERY positive experience, the Se was soooo helpful with everything i asked afterwards.

My advice, prepare thoroughly, hopefully your instructor instinct will kick in and you will forget as i did the Se was in the back of the car.

26-01-06 14:02:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: My checktest.......

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 26-01-06 14:10:44

sparkle

Well done... all over with big_smile

I only know a very small handfull to get a 5 first go.... so dont worry bout a 4 big_smile its great big_smile

They always say 'you just missed a 5' so really, you did get a 5.. but i reckon they got quotas big_smile big_smile oh i didnt say that really..i mean they gotta give you a 4, so you dont get too relaxed :evil:

WELL DONE! big_smile

#3 26-01-06 14:18:39

Andi

Well done mrs!!
A very nice grade 4.....i found your account of your check test really informative...lol....oh your poor mum! how was she? i bet she was relieved when it was over as well??
Congrats.....take the rest of the day off!! lol..you've just earned it..

Andi

1.gif

#4 26-01-06 14:33:48

JDS
Verified Member

well done lurch tongue
they were a bit quick with the check test werent they? didnt think you had been an ADI quite a year? maybe i`m wrong and getting you mixed up with some-one else :oops:
so how long since you pass pt3 they can spring a check test on ya?

With great power comes great responsibility

2nd time around - there wont be a third

#5 26-01-06 14:39:18

sparkle

Well i waited 20 months for my first one at Goodmayes.. big back log here JDS..as you KNOW :evil:

Lurch qualified in Aug/Sep i think? im sure she'll let you know big_smile

#6 26-01-06 14:41:41

luchell

I passed part three first go august the 18th 2005 so 4/5 months. You can get one after 3 months apparently your first one IF it is within the first year is an educational but you can get graded, if you dont make it you get an E then another within 6 months so he informed me before we went out.

#7 26-01-06 14:45:05

VandADI
Administrator

Good result Luchell, I expect things were still fresh in your mind as it hasn't been long since passing part 3.
Hope your Mum has recovered  big_smile

#8 26-01-06 14:51:14

luchell

Thanks everyone. Mum actually enjoyed it and so did I. The Se even spent time giving advice to mum which was lovely he said for us to cover the pass plus modules which he thinks will help her greatly. Obviously not for insurance purposes for her driving. So we shall do that.

Yes my mind was fresh which was nice i picked up all me books again to make sure in the lead up to it i was as prepared as possible. Thanks to this checktest i will be even more prepared for my next one.

Its so handy my checktest book from rcm came today after i ordered it 4 weeks ago  roll Still i shall enjoy readin that just wish id had it sooner!! wink

#9 26-01-06 17:37:27

Russ
Verified Member
Website

Well done, must feel very good to get a grade on 1st check test.
Still waiting for mine 1st year up after passing pt 3 end next week not a thing in sight.

It doers seem to vary greatly fromarea to area when you'll get that 1st check?

Russ

#10 26-01-06 17:44:07

sparkle

I think the busier the area-the longer the wait..or depends how back logged they are with check tests & 'stuff'

#11 26-01-06 20:54:52

la.monikita
Verified Member

WELL DONE GIRL,
i knew you'll get a grade, you are just too good big_smile,

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#12 27-01-06 01:48:29

Shrek
Verified Member

Congratulations luchell... great result!   big_smile
Cheers,
Shrek.

Carry on Donkey -  you're going the right way for a smacked bottom!

#13 27-01-06 06:08:57

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Well done Luchell, 5 or 6 is yours next time - no problem.  8-)

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#14 27-01-06 08:24:57

luchell

Same goes for you La mon  wink How's your preperation going for yours?

Thanks everyone i will get a 5 next time nice to get a 6 but hey i'll just do my best.

#15 27-01-06 12:52:28

MiniRob
Verified Member
Website

Nice one.  Got my first check test on Monday, 15 months after qualifying.  Am also looking fwd to it, will be good to get some constructive feedback.

Rob

#16 27-01-06 13:01:25

ExAdiNigel

Very well done Hayley and so close to getting the 5 too.  Where did the SEADI have to come from?  Who did you get?

I still haven't had a check test yet (passed July 2003), I was called in September last year but it was very close to my Dads' funeral so they said they would call me next time they're in the area.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#17 28-01-06 00:56:45

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Well done Luchell,
How much notice do you get when a check test is coming?
Must feel brill and your mum must be proud of her daughter.
Will be in touch with you soon
Si.

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#18 28-01-06 09:42:16

luchell

Thankyou Sibeks. I got my letter through just after christmas so plenty of time to plan. I thought at the time they are well on top of things in this area it seems.

Mum was proud yes which was wonderful. She wasn't there to share part three with me although this isn't as big as that i still feel it's an achievement lol Mum also got a little look at what the job involves which was nice. It's made her far more interested in her own driving and given her a little pride which can only be a good thing.

#19 28-01-06 10:21:54

markA.d.I

well done luch,

scored a 4 on my first attempt at the check test .... just missed a 5 because i didn't explain about the extra weight in the car, what a bummer !!!.

Did you realise that you could refuse your first grade and ask for it to be an educational ?

I didn't, otherwise i would have done so and got that 5 or 6 a few months later.

The SE are great are they not ?, never thought i would say that!, but it was great learning experience and will not worry about the next letter turning up!.

well done, and few of us get graded first time, so i was relieved !!.

mark

#20 28-01-06 10:28:49

luchell

I don't think id want to be so ungrateful as to not accept the grade i got. Im up for that 5 next time so im not worried really. as long as i continue to try and improve myself and my instruction im a happy bunny lol

Yes the Se was fab. couldn't have asked for him to be any better really. I am looking forward to my next one and will be excited to get the letter through the door big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#21 28-01-06 15:44:14

sparkle

Yes the Se was fab. couldn't have asked for him to be any better really. I am looking forward to my next one and will be excited to get the letter through the door big_smile

lol i can put a quiet word in if ya like lol lol you make me chuckle.

I got 2 weeks notice on my check tests-its enough-any more and it would send you garraty wondering what subject to do... next time i wont be doing roundabouts again lol lol sod that! lol big_smile

#22 28-01-06 17:34:09

luchell

Glad to hear i'm still making you chuckle sparks wink I can't help it you know me big_smile

#23 28-01-06 18:57:34

la.monikita
Verified Member

things you learn on here yikes, great.
i make sure am as chirpy as the parrots in my park lol,

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#24 28-01-06 22:10:48

1stdrive

Hi all 1st post.
Had my checktest in Dec a full 23 months after passing my part 3, got a grade 4 which is fine, as long I can carry on teaching i'm happy. Only thing that let me down was not explaining 'oval' roundabouts when keeping left to go straight ahead or would have been a 5.
Bit of a mare test 9am Sunday morning, got there and tc is all locked up with no one in sight, waited till 9.15 still no one. Half of me's thinkin yeah he's forgot I got outta this, the other half's thinkin oh no I got the wrong time/date/tc. Headed off towards home (10 min away) to check my letter and who calls but the SE demanding to know why i'm not there. Anyway went back, explained, and he was full of apology, something about being held up in traffic (9am Sunday morn???) didn't do much good for the nerves though but I did it. Hopefully the next one will go a bit smoother.

Board footer