You are not logged in.

#1 16-01-06 19:44:13

leeadi
Website

Dip DI

Thinking of doing the Dip Di, can anyone offer any advice about it, what it entails, where to get info from etc,

cheers guys and gals

Lee

Lee

16-01-06 19:44:13

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Dip DI

#2 20-01-06 21:26:14

tracey0507

You can get all the details from the DIA they supply all the materials and practise papers.  Think the exams are in May (possibly) can't remember.  There are six workbooks to complete each one has an exam to go with it.  The manual is very heavy reading and sends me to sleep regularly  lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 21-01-06 11:33:46

GreenLight
Verified Member
Website

Hi Lee

Yes all details from DIA. 0845 345 5151. Or www.driving.org.

This year all five modules are time tabled for three days in the same week. 9th - 11th May. Which means if you want to achieve the Diploma in one year you will sit two exams on each of the first two days.

A tall order methinks? I took mine over two years - 3 modules the first year, 2 the second.

The application form, from the DIA, should be returned by 17th February otherwise a late entry fee will be charged.

All training materials are available from DIA. Discounted for members. Or you may find an ADI who is prepared to let you have the workbooks and past papers at half price. Me, for example!

In my view, the Diploma is well worth doing. It opens other doors in our profession (industry?)

Good luck!

Larry Dip.DI

#4 22-01-06 14:54:03

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
So many doors in fact I have no or little time to visit the forums now.

It would take some time to explain what I am up to now, suffice to say go for the Diploma and follow Larry's link and generous offer.

Profession Larry definitely Proffesion.....

Dave Foster Dip.DI

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
F.inst.D.E.R, M.Inst.MTD, M.A.I.R.O, A.I.F.L,
Foster the Joy of Driving
http://dte-elite.co.uk  http://drivertrainingeducation.co.uk

#5 22-01-06 17:46:16

David Wooder

I did the first two modules last year, and am taking the last three this May.
It can be quite heavy going, especially if you haven't done any studying for a while (e.g. since leaving school), so I wouldn't suggest trying to do all five in one go, especially starting this close to the exam dates.
It's debateable if it has any tangible benefit to your teaching (you can pass it without ever having to demonstrate your teaching ability), but any extra training and qualification has to be worthwhile, and as was said earlier, it can open up doors to other areas of the profession.
Regards,
David

#6 22-01-06 19:10:23

jeremiah
Verified Member

hi guys,
what other doors does it open,please be more specific, is it possible to cram enough in to get through two modules by may.

thanks j

#7 22-01-06 19:35:15

David Wooder

When I did the first two modules last May, I think I started about February. I probably only averaged about three hours a week, so it's perfectly feasible. However, I found it difficult to motivate myself even with that amount of study at times. Maybe that's just me and studying though! Also, I did it on my own: if there's two or more of you studying as a group it's probably easier to get into it.
As for doors, well if you also do the DIAmond Special test or the Cardington test, you can then do the DIAmond examiner's course for example. I'm sure Larry and Dave can say more than me about other avenues though.
Regards,
David

#8 22-01-06 20:13:01

Airmiles

As Greenlight and Marconi say, '' Doors open'' and flipping wide tooooooooo wink

Opportunities galore  big_smile

The customers benefit also, and are more than happy to pay extra for ADIs with additional qualifications, which = more money in the bank big_smile

After a year in the 'profession', i did all 5 exams in May 93 and listed the Dip Di in my advertisements, exploiting the demand for my services by immediately increasing lesson fees by £2 ph... big_smile

5 months later i passed the Cardington test which again i exploited by increasing fees by a further £1 in the first week of 93..

And then of course the DIAmond Examiner q gives me some other benefits too big_smile

Attending relevant workshops about driving and road safety here and there is also very eductional, and allows you to provide 'that extra something' to your customers.. Last autumn i attended one of the very best i have experienced, and i have been to quite a lot over the years..

Of course there are those experienced ADIs who refused to get off their butts to do anything extra after they got their green badge, adopting the attitude of 'being obstructive'. Now that CPD is 'here' they must wish they had got into the starting blocks years ago. Think about all that lost ££££ they have missed out on, their prosperity limited by their short sightedness...

And their customers have missed out too, they could have got more had their ADI been equipped to provide it.............

So to anyone thinking of doing the Dip Di, go for it, right now.
Only the mugs won't...Don't let them put you off......

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 22-01-06 20:40:04

DAVE-ADI

Now that CPD is 'here' they must wish they had got into the starting blocks years ago.

CPD is not 'here'  and won't be for a long time yet.
Which means that ADIs who start courses now, hoping they will count towards CPD, are going to be very disappointed.  Better to wait until the voluntary start date is announced.

As for missing out on ££££s,  how can an ADI with a full diary be missing out?

#10 22-01-06 22:18:46

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi All
For the benefit of the person wanting to start DipDI
Wasn't there something about a change in the system and not being able to mix modules between the 2 systems?

When did/does that apply?

#11 22-01-06 22:41:03

ExAdiNigel

I think you are right Pegasus, I think there was something about this years exams being the last in its current form.  Anyone shed any further light on this?

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#12 22-01-06 23:09:46

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

It is interesting to note that the 5 areas of recomended further CPD from the DSA commisioned reports follow the 5 modules of the Dip.DI

Have I said too much already

You do need to take and pass all modules this year as next it goes to a different format.

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
F.inst.D.E.R, M.Inst.MTD, M.A.I.R.O, A.I.F.L,
Foster the Joy of Driving
http://dte-elite.co.uk  http://drivertrainingeducation.co.uk

#13 23-01-06 10:28:18

Graham

Airmiles says that pupils are happy to pay more to ADI's with extra qualifications.

Has anyone else found that?

I find that they don't even ask what car I have, much less about qualifications.

I'm not knocking any personal development here, quite the opposite because I will be embarking on some myself this year. It's just interesting to see if Airmiles' experience is repeated elsewhere.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#14 23-01-06 18:32:28

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

Hi All
For the benefit of the person wanting to start DipDI
Wasn't there something about a change in the system and not being able to mix modules between the 2 systems?

When did/does that apply?

There is a change, can't remember what, but I do remember checking this and found the modules carry over.

Colin Martin
The Bright Red L http://thebrightredl.com
Instructor Apps http://drivinginstructorapps.co.uk
Apps Video channel https://www.youtube.com/colinbythesea

#15 23-01-06 18:53:56

Airmiles

Contrary to the blinkered view of some ADIs, CPD has been 'here' for donkeys years, quite voluntarily of course, and those who stuck their heads in the sands have missed out by not actively taking part in it..

It is now going to be mandatory...

If only the 'blinkers' had opened their eyes 15 years ago, or more, life would be so much more rosy for them now. They will now never be able to catch up, no matter how much they scurry around.

Anyone now feel they missed the boat ?????

Board footer