You are not logged in.

#1 22-01-06 12:22:09

Patagonia
Verified Member

Corsa tyre pressures

Help please :oops: :oops:

I have a Corsa as a temporary replacement car and I am concerned about the fact that it is drifting to the left.  I think one of the tyres looks under inflated but I have no idea what the correct pressures should be.  The car was left without a handbook and there is no guide on the inside of the door.  Does anyone know what they should be :?

22-01-06 12:22:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Corsa tyre pressures

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 22-01-06 12:53:33

Automan
Verified Member
Website

Check the pressure and if it’s about 28 psi then it’s not the tyre that is causing the drift. It could be the tracking.

#3 22-01-06 13:01:44

Patagonia
Verified Member

Thanks Automan, I'll give that a try.

#4 22-01-06 16:01:47

Badger

Front tyre pressures should be 32 psi
Rear tyres 28 or 29 psi depending upon model
Check the tyre wear if its pulling hard to the left and the wear is uneven then its a steering or suspension adjustment.

If its just drifting gently to the left and wear is even then its probably the camber of the road

Badger

#5 22-01-06 17:55:23

la.monikita
Verified Member

on my 1.3 cdti with 15" wheels the "normal load" pressure is 33 front, 30 back

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#6 22-01-06 18:49:03

Patagonia
Verified Member

Thanks all,

I have adjusted them so that they are equal at 30psi with a home gauge and have just found at a garage board that they should be 28 and 25 but their guage was not working.

Now that they are equal it pulls up straighter than before but, when steering straight, the car still wants to drift left: not camber as I tried in a flat car park and tyre tread looks even.

Should a car, courtesy or otherwise, sent out from a garage not be performing correctly?  Also the handbrake adjustment is very slack.

#7 22-01-06 19:53:45

Badger

""......on my 1.3 cdti with 15" wheels the "normal load"

That's because the diesel engine is much heavier

This goes to show that there is more to tyres than meets the eye.

Underinflated tyres create greater rolling resistance and suffer more flexing therefore using more fuel and being more susceptible to blowouts.

If you are consulting a Garage board make sure it is for the model you are using.  28psi was the old model Corsa.

Courtesy cars are often turned around with little more than a quick wash. I always check out a courtesy car by running through the TM, SM safety checks plus as detailed for the driving test. (Especially if Im going to be using it for more than just a few hours)

Faults I have found with courtesy cars:

Illegal tyre
No washer fluid
No spare wheel
No wheel changing kit
No manual
Damaged front tyre with thread exposed
Engine oil not reading on dip stick
People who borrow cars from dealers often abuse them

Badger

Board footer