You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 22-01-06 17:33:33

la.monikita
Verified Member

pass plus motorways module on a check test

so the time has come (31st) for me to do it. i have decided to do the above. has any one of you done the same one & would you have any pointers? it's at 12 noon so i hope they won't be as much traffic, never know M25 junction 2 after the QE2 bridge can be a nightmare at times. will listen to traffic reports. i could use the A2 if m25 is blocked with an accident.
what worries me is the time scale. what happens if i can't make it back in time 'cause of traffic neutral.
just gone over the route. assuming that chat with se b4 test is 10min, i have 50 min to introduce a subject (do recap on dual carriageway-on the move) but i tried that with hubby today and trying to recap as well as give directions is not easy.  yikes panic.

made notes-too much 1 1/2 page, need to condense to bullets, oh god, at least in a normal pass plus can chat for longer. neutral, might make the route a bit shorter. one junction less.
what happens if you overrun by say 10 min?
your thoughts pls

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

22-01-06 17:33:33

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: pass plus motorways module on a check test

#2 22-01-06 17:39:44

VandADI
Administrator

Just out of interest La Mon, is your Son nervous about this lesson? Does he know its your check test? Has he picked up on any 'vibes' on how you are feeling?

#3 22-01-06 17:52:05

la.monikita
Verified Member

honestly, I don't know, i haven't seen him since last Monday-the day he passed his test. won't see him till next Sunday when he supposed to come to complete all the other modules 1-5. can't wait to see what bad habit he's acquired in 2 weeks yikes,

do you think SE will want his drivers record? his the only one i did not keep records on. am not really sure how many hours we really had done neutral.
on the day he passed his test(last Monday ) we went to gatwick m25-m23, then later he drove his own car (me in passenger seat, hubby following somewhere in my car), all the way to st. albans. he hardly moved back from the rhs lane, it was dark and wet with loads of traffic.
i doubt he we'll be worried (my job that wink), it's going to be more like WHAT LESSON DID I THEACH YOU THAT yikes? you braking the speed limit again  roll

Abraham Maslow

#4 22-01-06 17:58:03

VandADI
Administrator

I doubt very much whether the SE will want to see any driver records,  they just want some info on pupil, e.g. what subject will you be covering  etc.,

#5 24-01-06 15:12:36

adi
Verified Member
Website

I did a motorway pass plus for my Ctest in December. Obviously you won't have the 'box' on the roof but it might be a good idea to have a 'motorway tuition' sign or 'driver under instruction' sign on the back of your car. I had a whole pile of things to talk about but it was that busy i never had chance and the time flew by. Got a 5 for it and was chuffed to bits even though it felt like the worst ever motorway lesson i had ever taught!
You might want to make sure you include the avoidance of sitting in 'foreign' HGV blind spots especially on that particular motorway as there will probably be loads. Apparently the average life expectancy on the hard shoulder is 30 minutes!
best of luck

#6 24-01-06 17:35:41

la.monikita
Verified Member

thanks Adi,
how good was your pup?
i have decided to use the A2 dual carriageway, it's not like a dual carriageway at all, more like a motorway, nr Gravesend it has 5 lanes yikes,
and it's more "fun" as it's has more junctions like BLUE Water! and a v busy turn off of a m25. am planing to join, come off then join again, then come off and do a u turn after which am going to yap about brake down hard shoulder and em phones. i hope there's a lot of crazy people to keep us busy wink

Abraham Maslow

#7 24-01-06 21:17:40

adi
Verified Member
Website

Well my pupil was quite good when we used to do lessons, but had gone really down hill over the last month of driving on her own. Too fast, no mirrors and really late braking (nice to know all my hard work really sunk in then). I ended up doing full guidance on approaching the r/bouts when we exited every jctn and re joined otherwise we would have ended up ploughing in to everyone. Really didn't help my nerves one bit, mind you i think she was more nervous than me and just switched off from everything i was telling her. I did point out time and time again that he would be watching me and not her but she had lost it. She probably did me a favour in a sense as i had to really put the work in to keep everything under control.

As you are doing it as part of pass plus make sure you see your pupil for a lesson before the test to do the introduction to pass plus as it won't look too great if you get quizzed as to what you have covered so far with the pass plus course, and your actually starting with motorways before you have even done an introduction! Would be good too, to show this on the pass plus pupil record/log. You may be asked how many lessons your pupil had to learn how to drive with you, if any other instructor had any input, how many attempts at test etc, basically you just need to show you know your pupil inside out.

I physically went around the car with the pupil checking tyre pressures, oil, washer bottle, lights, fuel topped up etc, all the things you would actually check before you would go on the motorway. When you start your briefing you can tell the SE you have already done these things to save time (unless you want them to wait for 5 mins whilst you do them!) Show your pupil a map of where you are going with a route marked and jctns noted on paper as route planning again is an important part in motorway driving preparation.

Hope this helps.

#8 24-01-06 22:36:55

la.monikita
Verified Member

thanks ADI, i know my pup inside out (my son) passed the test on 16th, we'll do all the modules up to the and including dual carriageways 2 days b4, but we'll only do duals joining from t junctions, crossing (central reservation) right turns and 70m/h with ra's, move on to dual carriageway with a same structure as motorways (for check test) and leave the final route planing and own car checking (b4 journey) for the final part (advised about in the debrief).
went over the route so many time now am getting dizzy  roll, I'll be on the road for about 45 min, so not enough time to do all. he can find his way back tho lol

paper work has to be in order wink
i wonder if we can photo copy those pass plus forms :?

my mate Steve the chief DIA part 3 trainer now, told me that not mentioning the extra person effect, will cost me a grade yikes

Abraham Maslow

#9 31-01-06 18:39:34

VandADI
Administrator

Hey La Mon, how did your checktest go?

#10 31-01-06 19:16:12

la.monikita
Verified Member

on the 14 feb it will be 1 year since i passed part 3, and today i got graded 4,
he was nice man put me at ease, and said that if i carry on like that next time i'll easily get a 5, am happy. lol
if it was an "e" then i would have to worry for the next few months, now i can just concentrate on re-taking rospa (a big bone of contention with the observers and that examiner apparently now) and go skiing soon i hope. wink lol

Abraham Maslow

#11 31-01-06 20:30:09

luchell

Great result La Mon.  big_smile

#12 01-02-06 20:52:54

bigred
Verified Member
Website

A big well done to ya!

Regards,

Board footer