You are not logged in.

#1 13-09-05 13:32:15

Kris T

WANTED! Core Comps Made Easy, Brian Stratten.

Does anyone have an unwanted copy of the above that they would be willing to part with. Alternatively, could you please let me know where i can get hold of a (preferably cheap) copy. I've had no luck on eBay.

Many thanks

KT

13-09-05 13:32:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: WANTED! Core Comps Made Easy, Brian Stratten.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 13-09-05 16:48:51

cat
Verified Member

i have had problems getting hold of this book but just did a quick check in internet and you can get it from www.instructor-training.co.uk  go on to the on line book store and on left hand side it says core comps it's priced at £19.95 cath

Black Cat Driving School

catherine685@btinternet.com

#3 14-09-05 00:38:43

luchell

same price i paid. i have my copy and will be keeping it as its an interesting read lol  heavy price for the actual pad of photocopied green paper slung in a folder but the contents are worth the read.

#4 14-09-05 11:14:43

Anonymous

Well, i bit the bullet and ordered Cor Comps Made Easy. Thanks Cath and Luchell for your comments.

Kris

#5 29-09-05 07:38:26

jeff cox

i can get you a copy of the brian stratton book of core competencies, let me know your phone number i will contact you. jeff cox lol

#6 29-09-05 08:18:51

VandADI
Administrator

I purchased Core Competencies Made Easy from Jeff Cox.  Thoroughly recommended!
p.s.  Thanks for getting me through part 3 all those years ago!  That in-car training will be etched in my memory for ever  lol
Vanda.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 29-09-05 12:44:55

JDS
Verified Member

That in-car training will be etched in my memory for ever

now i`m not usually the type to have a dirty mind....... lol  lol  lol

ok so what are core comps and why would i need them????
dont want to be missing out now do i lol

jason

With great power comes great responsibility

2nd time around - there wont be a third

#8 29-09-05 15:52:58

VandADI
Administrator

Lets put it this way, I had 1-1 training with Jeff, for 5 days Jeff played the pupil from hell!  lol  By Friday I had a brain fry melt-down  :shock:
The Core Competencies made easy contain 500 What-How-Why- guide to core competencies and contain 300+ faults identified, 600+ reasons given and 600+ remedies.  A must for every PDI. (and ADI - I still use mine  smile ).

#9 29-09-05 16:56:48

JDS
Verified Member

sorry vanda but i`m a little slow
i dont talk much and that is my problem in part 3
would this help me Q&A`s

how can there be 300+ faults???? lol  lol

Jeff.....How much do you charge for your core comps plus postage?

thank jason

With great power comes great responsibility

2nd time around - there wont be a third

#10 29-09-05 17:17:24

VandADI
Administrator

Absolutely it will help you with Q&A.
The book covers the vast majority of faults that drivers make.
The basis of good instruction is to be able to identify, analyse and remedy weaknesses to inprove a pupil's driving skill.
When giving instruction, a very simple method to apply to ask yourself three questions :-
WHAT happened?
WHY did it happen?
How do I put it right?

Then tell the pupil:
WHAT happened
WHY it happened
HOW to put it right.
The ability to identify faults is expected to cover all aspects of car control and road procedure at all times.  It is vital that any instructor whether attempting Part 3 or taking a check test has an excellent working knowledge of core competencies.

An example of the what, why how is used in the book :-

We are looking at the foot controls - the clutch.
What is happening ? Your pupil is using the clutch pedal incorrectly.
Why is it happening - because they are jabbing at it
How can I put it right - use smooth movements up and down

There are many, many different scenarios for the same fault, hence 300+ faults and then some!!!!!

I realize I may have posted this in the wrong section, but my main point was to emphasise why this book is a must - I was lucky to obtain this book during my part 3 training which is why I am convinced I passed part 3 first time.

Good luck.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 27-11-05 21:46:25

Cawarra
Verified Member

jeff cox wrote:

i can get you a copy of the brian stratton book of core competencies, let me know your phone number i will contact you. jeff cox

lol

Jeff. I would be interested to.

#12 18-01-06 22:48:55

Ricardo

jeff i'll be interested too ..!!

#13 19-01-06 13:26:35

Moominhater

And me Jeff.

Liz

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url]

#14 20-01-06 16:01:08

Andi

Hi All,
       The topic you are replying to is quite old and i dont think Jeff Cox is on the forum any more ....but you can get The Core Comps Made Easy here:    http://www.instructor-training.co.uk/

I have this....it is superb! and really is worth its weight in gold, although i agree with Luchells comment above, the presentation is abit 'off'! But whats inside is Fab....

Hope this helps!  big_smile

Andi

1.gif

Board footer