You are not logged in.

#1 23-08-04 17:05:16

Vicky Shires

Finding a Driving Instructor

Could anyone reccomend a driving instructor in Richmond upon Thames? I've failed my driving test 3 times so far and would like a very patient one! Also anyone got any advice on whether I should learn in a manual or automatic? I find manouevres - especially reverse round the corner really difficult - would not having to worry about gears help me at all?

Cheers

Vicky

23-08-04 17:05:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Finding a Driving Instructor

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 23-08-04 17:17:55

arib
Verified Member
Website

Vicky,
Further to my PM.
You really need to speak to an experienced instructor about this. A good instructor will listen and give you free advice to help you. In your previous three tests did you fail for anything related to the gears. It will be on your green DL25 sheet you got from the examiner. If you are having problems with manoeuvres then get plenty of practise to perfect them. An automatic wont help you here as you will still have to select reverse gear even in an automatic so it really isn't much different for reversing etc.
If you give us some idea of what you failed on then more definite advice may follow.
Seems as though a change of instructor might be all you need to get your confidence back up.

ariB

#3 24-08-04 09:45:33

Vicky Shires

Well I failed my first test as I crashed into a parked vehicle- which I'm pretty sure is an automatic fail. The second one the driving examiner had to take hold of the wheel to stop me swerving into traffic, and the third one I mucked up all three manoeuvres (reverse round the corner, parallel parking and bay parking) I'm thinking any driving instructor reading this is not going to want me anywhere near their car!
One of my problems is I just get incredibly nervous - especially in a test situation. My heart is pounding so hard and I just can't think - like my brain has turned to jelly. My other problem is I am very dyslexic and seem to have no spatial or depth awareness so find reverse parking/ around the corner very difficult.

Thanks very much for your advice - it's greatly appreciated.

Vicky

#4 24-08-04 13:35:20

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Don't give up, we all make errors.

Make sure you take plenty of practise

Ask any instructor you have/get to take you out on a few Mock Test, Maybe with other instructor/s he/she knows, This may get you used to driving under test conditions.
As for reversing round corners, try to find a instructor with a small car. Maybe you would find a  KA or Micra easy.

I don't know any instructors in Richmond upon Thames  :?:
Maybe you could search on the web

Board footer