You are not logged in.

#1 18-01-06 21:52:05

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Hello everyone!

A bit of introduction:

Having thought about becoming an ADI for a couple of years now, I've decided that now is the time.

At the moment I work in recruitment and have done for just over three years, but fed up with letting the long hours line someone else's pocket - would rather be able to choose when I work and get the benefits myself.

Previously I was a teacher for five years & have always loved driving, so it seemed sensible to put the two together and that's why I'm here...

At the moment I'm in that normal situation of trying to weigh up the claims of different training organisations, local firms, etc to work out the best way forward. Where can I find advice about locally recommended ADI trainers if I want to go the self taught Part 1, then get good training as I need it for the Part 2&3?

Ambition Driving College

18-01-06 21:52:05

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hello everyone!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 18-01-06 22:03:13

Andi

Hi, and Welcome to you,
You will find lots of usefull info on the forum, have a good look around the PDI Section and the 'Journal of a PDI'...which is quite enlightening!
It sounds as though you are thinking it through and looking at your options sensibly, a word of advice...i wouldn't pay for your course or training up-front, try to find someone who will train you seperately for part 1/2/3 and pay for each section as it arrises  wink....where abouts in the country are you.....there are a couple of people after training buddies on the PDI forum at the moment  wink

Have Fun

Andi  big_smile (also training as an ADI)

1.gif

#3 20-01-06 08:55:02

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Hi Andi - thanks for the welcome.

When you say 'try to find someone who will train you seperately for part 1/2/3 and pay for each section as it arrises', where do I find these trainers?

I live in the Croydon/Sutton area of South London/Surrey if that helps!

Cheers,
Andy.

Ambition Driving College

#4 20-01-06 14:39:08

Andi

Andy,
       you will find recommendations are the way to go, just a suggestion, but you could try posting in the PDI/ADI section to see if anyone does know of anyone in your area? You may have to travel a little for a good part 3 trainer, but im not sure of who is in your area. I know there are some who have just used a top notch ADI to get them up to required standard for part 2...part 1 is quite straight forward as long as you read the correct material and study properly....there is a link somewhere for some one online offering part 1 advice etc free.....here you go:
http://www.smartdriving.co.uk./Driver_Training/PDI_Area/Part_One/index.htm

Have a real good look around this site it should fill in lots of gaps for you, here is another site that is excellent for info:
http://www.approved-driving-instructor- … /index.htm

Hope this helps you a little, if you need any further help etc, please dont hesitate.....

Andi

1.gif

#5 20-01-06 19:16:59

luchell

Hi there and welcome. Some really sound advice as usual from Andi. If you need any help with anything feel free to ask away. Good luck with your training. lol

#6 21-01-06 14:57:20

Cesare

Hi MC, welcome to the forum and good luck with your training!   wink

Steve (aka 'Barolo')

#7 24-01-06 12:59:12

pm
Verified Member

hello mini classic you wont regret it welcome and good luck in your new quest

looking for buddy in tamworth..delayed success.. strike 1

Board footer