You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 20-01-06 05:31:08

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Help! No puples, on a franchise and pink ticking away

I started with a Franchise on Jan 1st part-time and look, it's the 20th and yet to have a single puple.
I called the co and they are suprised and will send some my way - but to no avail.
I'm due to pay my fee soon, but clearly what for?
What can I do about my pinki ticking away - nothing I guess, runs out in May and yet been no good to me.
My second attempt is in March for the part 3

Any advice what I can do?

Thanks
Si.

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

20-01-06 05:31:08

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Help! No puples, on a franchise and pink ticking away

#2 20-01-06 08:18:02

Andi

hi,
  If i were you i would be on the phone to them every day! Dont let them walk all over you, they will want their franchise fee and you have had no income or pupils to teach/learn from. I would be quite upset if i were you, although i know this does happen. Maybe you could consider changing your sponsor or ask about their advertising stratergy ie:have they advertised in your area or is it a small local company that has sponsored you?
  It si no good to wait for them to do something obviously, you need to give them a push.....get on the phone and mither them till they refer you some pupils!! Do the other ADIs have pupils? Are you the only one in your area? You need to ask them loads of questions....and get some answers before you pay that first franchise fee to them.

Thats my advice, and probably what i would do in your position....

Andi

1.gif

#3 20-01-06 08:54:44

all_alps
Verified Member

A bit of a difficult one....
Surely they cant expect you to pay when they haven't provided the pups for you....
If they expect money, personally i wouldn't pay and would put up a fight and maybe even take it up with the DSA. Ask the DSA if you can change who sponsors you.

You could contact the citizen advise bureau.

Hope this helps a little!

#4 20-01-06 10:17:57

hayzy
Verified Member
Website

You can change sponsors on a pink had similar experiences myself but i did get chance to do a few lessons not enough customers to pay the franchise and if i had i'd never have time work on lesson plans etc whats the point?What i would have a look at is how many instructors are with the same company in your surrounding area some flood areas without concern of how they are going to look after them. Know how you feel just a few to tick over would be fine get ready for that part 3 work out lesson plans etc put them into practise and work out how it could be done better. I have found that some are willing to not charge the franchise until you have enough pupils so you just need a few cover the car. Also it is just after xmas and everyones skint.

oh dear

#5 20-01-06 11:24:09

WOOF

BSM do a pay as you go franchise. Ideal for those of us on a pink!

The money is not very good, but at least you only pay when you earn yourself.

That's what I'm hoping to do as long as I don't screw up on their direct access test next week.

Hoping to do a maximum of 16 hours a week until I pass.

#6 20-01-06 18:02:48

cat
Verified Member

bsm is great to start off on you pink i have been on it for 3 months now and never been without pupils.  money not good though but not bad seen as i am only using pupils to better my chances of passing part 3 and getting green.  i worked 19 hours last week and got £110  not brilliant but no franchise fee to worry about just petrol.  try bsm they will take you on with pink and get you pupils  cath

Black Cat Driving School

catherine685@btinternet.com

#7 21-01-06 08:42:53

Ozzie

I have a prt-time ADI who I only gave 3 pupils to in December, so told him not to pay January.

I personally would contact them and say that they are not holding their side of the deal, and they have 14 days to provide pupils or you are considering that their side of the contract is broken, and you are going elsewhere. At this stage pay no money, but tell them you are withholding payment. After the discussion follow it up with a letter confirming what was said.

If after 14 days no pupils come, leave.

Oz

#8 21-01-06 09:05:52

DAVE-ADI

Did you sign a contract?  If so, what does it say about providing work?

#9 21-01-06 14:46:55

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for the advice.

I have my own car, and was unable to use BSM as they have a standard car they use in advertising.

What I expect to happen will be that I am not expected to pay my part-time franchise fee for this month. Find out on Monday regarding what they are doing for advertising in my area as suggested.

I have my car all labeled up with this company, which I'm not so keen to mention unless u pm me as I don't intend to slag them off at this stage however if I do wish to move on to another school I will have to get all the label stuff removed from my car and replaced with the new school ( I hope I don't have to do this )

Will keep u posted in what happens next.

Thanks again for all your replys, it has helped a lot - thanks

Si.

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

Board footer