You are not logged in.

#1 23-08-04 16:50:37

ecosse

Meeting With LDC

Today I had a meeting with LDC. I found the chap very helpful and not "in your face salesy" which I liked. In fact it turned out that we both have a mutual friend.

Just a couple of questions for the forum if possible.

1. Can you work a minimum of 40 hours per week. ie. All the hype I have read states that instrutors are turning pupils away but in reality is 40 hours a week minimum achievable. I guess this would depend on geographic location and other factors.

2. Rough cost to get duel controls in your own car.

3. Timescale from signing agreement and taking out first student. I guess this would be dependent on a number of factors but a best and worst guess would be apprecaited. The chap from LDC said anything from 4 weeks to 12 months.

4. Do you find teaching people to drive seasonal?

5. If there are any LDC former pupils out there what was/were any criticisms you found with this Company? I know this might not be fare to ask and one should find these out for oneself so if no one answers this I fully understand.

Thanks again.

23-08-04 16:50:37

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Meeting With LDC

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 23-08-04 17:05:39

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

Hi
I am an LDC instructor and did my training with LDC to be honest I do not any thing bad to say about the company, I took about 1 year part time to do my training part 1 distance learning, part 2 1 to 1 training with my tuto, part 3 1to 1 with my tutor I passed parts 1 & 2 first time but failed part 3 first time as i wanted to do it before iwas ready my fault not LDC passed 2nd time after 3 months on a pink badge.
As for students Ihad my first 1 3weeks before i went on to the induction course it was a bit slow to start with but you get lots of advice to get you started I now have awaiting list to start training.
hope this helps you

#3 24-08-04 06:07:02

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Hi,
I too am an LDC instructor, and joined the same time as Alan,
i started my training aug 02, 3 weeks after my interview, and eventually passed part3 on my 3rd attempt in apr 04. was on a pink from july 03.

After the induction, i took my first part3 and failed, so went onto a pink. had to wait 2 weeks, so started selling myself.
when pink came i had 9 hours work for 1st week, then 23 the 2nd. i now average 35 hours a week mon-fri only. you can really work whatever hours suit you. i dont do weekends unless specially requested, as i like time with family, and use this time at moment to do house alterations!  if you wanted to do 40 hours a week then you CAN.

I have just bought a new car, and i got the duals fitted at Seat dealer, using He-man, and this was added to price of car. I think it was about £550 roughly.

Teaching for me hasn't really been seasonal. some people on forums say they are quiet at certain times (eg Xmas) but i was refusing work at xmas, so i could have time off. Summer sometimes slows down, but i have been really busy this summer compared to last summer, although i had only just started.
My last 6 weeks work have been in reverse order:
last week 33 hrs
HOLS
02/08  33 hrs
26/07  42hrs
19/07  36.5 hrs
12/07  37 hrs
05/07  36.5 hrs
i have 36 hours booked for this week.

I hope this all helps, and maybe see you on the LDC forums soon!

robbie

Board footer