You are not logged in.

#1 18-08-04 17:54:46

loz

learning Again!

HI,

I am due to start my lessons on 2nd Sept. I am nervous already.  I have already taken lessons about 8 years ago, I took 10 lessons. I didn't feel that confident, then when stopped at an island a driver went into the back of me. That was it I couldn't drive anymore. But now I really feel I want to drive. So trying again. Any advice anyone can offer will be greatly received. which books on the highway are the best to get? Or should I wait until I meet my instructor first before getting these?

Loz x big_smile

18-08-04 17:54:46

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: learning Again!

#2 18-08-04 21:10:10

Midge
Website

I would wait until you meet your instructor,  but I think everyone should have an up to date copy of the highway code.  Another  book you may need is for the  theory test.  Your instructor may be willing to get this for you,  I prefer the DSA book as it gives explanations, as well as the questions and answers.  You may find the CD's more helpful, if you have access to a computer.  Everything you need is on the Focus,  a double cd, from Morrisons at £5.99
Midge

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

#3 18-08-04 23:11:00

foilerist
Verified Member
Website

I think what midge is saying about the cd rom is good, certainly in preparation for the hpt.  The full title is "Driving test success plus theory" by Focus Essential.  I think that "Driving - the essential skills" is also a good book,a lot of people just go for questions and answer books whereas this book doesn't use Q&A, its just Information in easily digested chunks and subjects.  Another i try to instill in my pupils is that they should ask me anything they don't understand, even if they feel "stupid".

#4 19-08-04 08:06:25

loz

Thank you to both for your advise. I will have a look for the CD. x

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 22-08-04 12:09:29

Pilgrim
Verified Member
Website

Ho Loz

The Best Book you could buy is called the HIGHWAY CODE you might of heard of it but if you do not want to pay for it try following this link it is on the Web http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk

Hope this helps

Tony[/url]

Offering You the Freedom of Drivng in Boston
www.bostondrivingschool.co.uk
www.12drive.co.uk

#6 22-08-04 12:19:29

Darren

Sometimes on test theory CD Roms, they give you the highway code on it. Ive got it on mine anyway.

Good Luck big_smile

#7 23-08-04 13:29:31

loz

thanks x

Board footer