You are not logged in.

#1 16-01-06 14:46:57

marsbar
Verified Member

Part-time self employment

Hi all
Does anyone know what the tax position is if you have a full-time job and work as an ADI on a part-time basis?  When I qualify I intend to work weekends only for at least the first year, maybe longer.  Will I get a separate bill for my self-employment or will my PAYE contributions be adjusted?  I`d be glad to hear from anyone who has experience in this area.

Money doesn`t talk - it swears!
Bob Dylan

16-01-06 14:46:57

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part-time self employment

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 16-01-06 15:08:06

sue martin
Verified Member
Website

Hi,
as your teaching will be done from a non PAYE aspect you will need to declare yourself self employed and at the end of the year fill in a tax form giving both your earnings from teaching and the PAYE position, you simply transfer the details from your P60 across to 1 section of the tax return and your teaching income to another...fairly simple really but your local tax office is always willing to help if you are unsure either in person or by phone

Sue

0800 298 8928
http://thebrightredl.com
The Bright Red L
Online Booking App. FREE TRIAL  http://instructorapps.co.uk/

#3 17-01-06 16:05:57

marsbar
Verified Member

Thanks Sue
PS  Like the shades!

Money doesn`t talk - it swears!