You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 14-01-06 19:51:42

la.monikita
Verified Member

Rospa made me confused

After 3 observed drives, and speaking to one other examiner on Thursday, took the test this morning.

I was told at the meeting that my examiner is very "by the book" the trouble is which by the book? need to be platinum to get silver? yikes

And that's what i got
14.gif

I did not know till this morning that;
Moving brake test is done at 30is m/h, mine done at 10ish

That i use bgol all the time (my observer never spotted it), and I should not use it.
I need to have this demonstrated as I will never believe it otherwise!

I used the horn less then on my observed drives, now am even more confused: roll:
I used it too much!

The obvious, too much signalling bit. Oh well, posted about elsewhere.

The most interesting bit! Retake it 6 months I will definitely give you gold, you are an excellent driver.
If there were any faults should the observer not pick up??
I’m so confused!!!!!!!!!

but love flying on those country lanes!! big_smile

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

14-01-06 19:51:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Rospa made me confused

#2 15-01-06 08:31:18

ExAdiNigel

Firstly, congratulations on getting silver, still no mean feat, but other comments suggest you were so close to Gold.

Moving brake test at 30?  Don't see why, certainly when I did my Diploma we were still in the RoSPA HQ car park (small) so we were not doing 30 (this was with Bob Smalley chief examiner examining).

Brake-Gear overlap can be a biggy and, yes, the observer should have picked this up.

When did you use the horn?

So close.  I hope with that end comment you will continue.  Did you get a mock test before you took the test proper?  Odd that neither your observer nor whoever took the mock test noticed the bgol.

You should receive a written report in the next few days, so get back out there and turn silver to gold.

Good luck

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#3 15-01-06 09:05:04

la.monikita
Verified Member

this brake gear overlap is really not something i understand.
this is what i do.
clear 200m stretch of a country lane 60m/h, to maintain max progress slow down on approach the correct position for the bend, whilst slowing down to the correct position  (foot still on the brake) change down to second (sharp bend), when clutch is up- of the brake.
so how is it supposed to be done?
if am expected to take my foot of the brake b4 the clutch goes down the car will pick up speed  roll

at the end of the test he also asked about the battery light coming on during driving, i did not know i was going to be asked techno questions yikes

no i did not have a mock test,

Abraham Maslow

#4 15-01-06 13:08:39

ExAdiNigel

Adjust you process slightly.  Brake to the speed you want for the bend, then come off the brake and change gear.  Thus there is no overlap of brake and gear change.

If it would help pm me and I will give you my phone number and we can talk about it.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#5 15-01-06 15:26:32

sparkle

I got silver in Sep 04, also told to re-take etc etc..i will this year defo.

I didn't have any observed drives though :oops: didn't know i had to at the time...just booked it and turned up  big_smile

I missed my gold as i didn't show any knowledge of my car at the start (didn't know i had to!) and i didn't want to do any commentry driving when he asked me to (he he)

All in all though i enjoyed it big_smile and learnt a few things...i felt the report afterwards was very 'standard' with my name inserted randomly every now and again... ESPECIALLY when it says about my reversing skills..i DIDNT do ANY reversing that day!!!! or any braking like la mon described...weird.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 15-01-06 17:43:31

la.monikita
Verified Member

Adjust you process slightly. Brake to the speed you want for the bend, then come off the brake and change gear. Thus there is no overlap of brake and gear change.

If it would help pm me and I will give you my phone number and we can talk about it.

Nigel

thanks Nigel, but am going to ask my observer to show it to me. i just don't grasp it, i have never seen anyone do it unless going 20mh or uphill. neutral
i can challenge anyone to a country lane fast progress drive big_smile

sparkle, i guess you did not miss much as i obviously was told one thing and had to do something else  roll,
i would have not used my horn as much if it was not for observed drives

Abraham Maslow

#7 07-02-06 13:04:02

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi la mon

Have you now received your written report?
Does it explain things a bit more clearly than the verbal at the end?

I certainly found that mine did, when I got my Gold 3 yrs ago, just been out this morning and managed to retain the Gold.

I wasn't as happy with my drive this time though, I was aware that I was in a car driving it, whereas last time it was one of those days, when I felt as if I was an integral part of the car.

I gather you used a local group observer, might I suggest as a possible alternative/addition a local instructor who is also a RoSPA Gold driver maybe one who is also Fleet registered, the important thing is you must feel confident with the advice given and the person giving it.

Iactually didn't do what I'm advising, I just went out and did it.
But then that is just my way.

#8 07-02-06 20:03:40

la.monikita
Verified Member

Pegasus, thanks for reminding me, I DID NOT GET MY REPORT YET!!
how long should it normally take? yikes

test[ftp][/ftp] was on jan 14th

Abraham Maslow

#9 07-02-06 20:15:00

sparkle

My report came with 3 weeks im sure of it...possibly shorter time..you will get it..

Dont be surprised if your report is very standardised....i found mine was...like i say it mentioned me shpwing reversing skills when i didnt do any reversing that day lol

#10 22-02-06 12:17:04

Carl

I first done my RoSPA test back in 2002. Didn't do any observed drives, didn't really know what was required (except for reading RoadCraft) but ended with a Silver.

Took it again last June. Had a much better understanding what was needed, watched the RoadCraft video and used my own RoadVision system to record my own driving. Still didn't have any training but this time got Gold.

Carl

Board footer