You are not logged in.

#1 08-01-06 17:22:02

Dun - Walkin' !

OK First Check Test - No pupils - need advice

Hi,

OK the scenario is i qualified a few months back but due to work, christmas and not getting my finger out to finalize the car with Renault i am now far to late to sort any of this out before 25th Jan. Check test letter arrived with the Christmas Cards!!

I rang the SE and explained the situation and he was OK with playing a pupil but hinted(strongly) that even if i could bring a qualified driver along and give an introduction to him on what an ADI looks for this would be FAR better.  He basically hinted at that if i took the SE as a pupil route, it will give him free rein to bring in anything(eek!)
He gave me a lesson of 'dual carriage ways and open roads' (not what i was expecting!) if i cant bring someone along.

Now as i have no routes for that type of lesson, i was thinking of going with his prompt of giving a prospective PDI an overview of what ADI's look for:
But i am drawing a BLANK after these few:
developing Hazards
correct mirror usage
hand-brake at crossings
not gearing down/ use brakes.

HELP!
well not quite that bad but i sure need some guidance; and there was me thinking id get one of the maneuvers, some hope.

Cheers
Ian Laidlaw
(new and very green ADI)

If anyone wants to PM me with a phone number if its easier to talk then i'll call you back. (please give me a time and day)

08-01-06 17:22:02

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: OK First Check Test - No pupils - need advice

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 09-01-06 13:51:25

adi
Verified Member
Website

I would find out if you have any neighbours or relatives who have sons/daughters who have passed a test in the last couple of years who haven't been on the motorway, or even if they have been on one most pupils can never be bothered to get any tuition. It won't take you long to find someone who would welcome a free motorway lesson. It's surprising how many experienced drivers who passed a long time ago don't like motorways because they are afraid or not sure they can drive them correctly. Why not find one of these people and give a motorway oir dual carriageway lesson. There is always plenty to talk about and the time goes quick. just a thought.

#3 11-01-06 21:43:26

Dun Walkin

Hi ADI,

thanks for the reply; a good option that i hadn't thought of.

Cheers
Ian

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 13-01-06 16:44:08

VandADI
Administrator

He basically hinted at that if i took the SE as a pupil route, it will give him free rein to bring in anything(eek!)

Now this comment is very scary as there are rumours that at some point in the future all check testing will be carried out by the SE playing the role of your pupil. yikes

#5 13-01-06 22:38:09

Mentor
Verified Member

:?  Nothing scary about the SE acting as the pupil. My personal choice would always be this way. If you know your stuff, there wont be anything you cant handle. You can keep him so busy, he wont have time for any nonsense. Most SEs actually enjoy role play check tests.  roll

#6 17-01-06 10:56:46

Hale
Verified Member
Website

I wouldn't worry - I used SE, only had an hour to plan (he called me an hour before - cheers mate).
I knew the area very well already so sorting a route wasnt a problem. Just had enough time to drive it for a time check and pulled up at the centre with 10 minutes to spare.

You will let yourself down from getting a 5. Purely like other people have commented - you dont know what he is going to throw at you.

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

Board footer