You are not logged in.

#1 08-01-06 17:17:02

giggles184
Verified Member

hmmm diamond

hello  big_smile

well im looking into doin the diamond advanced driving course, trouble is i dont seem to be able to find an adi  :? ive looked on the search engine site thingy and rang the only school that comes up but they say theres noone in my area, now ive yet to ring and ask my old adi if he does it as hes with this school but theyre office isnt great so id rather hear it straight from him. but if he dont do it wat can i do wats the best way to find an adi  :?  :?

thanks  big_smile

ADI part 1 - passed 1st attempt 11/5/09 97/63
ADI part 2 - passed 1st attempt 03/09/09 - 1 minor big_smile
ADI part 3........... start training 27/9/09 then we shall see!

08-01-06 17:17:02

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: hmmm diamond

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 08-01-06 17:29:14

asimpsonlowe

Try this Giggles...might turn something up for you...
http://www.driving.org/search.html

Andi

1.gif

#3 08-01-06 17:33:04

asimpsonlowe

Or...try this...give them a ring they will be able to tell you if you have an instructor local to you, i know you are 'somewhere down south' ?? but dont know where so cant be any more specific....

http://www.driving.org/diamond_enjoy.html

Andi

1.gif

#4 08-01-06 17:41:17

giggles184
Verified Member

thanks andi  big_smile 

well im either in plymouth or herts dependant on whether or not my old adi does it which i will ring him over  lol but thats the site ive already used so ill try ringing

#5 08-01-06 17:44:57

asimpsonlowe

Dont forget to let us know if/when you get sorted........keep up a good standard of driving....you'll need it when you start trainin as an ADI in a few years!

Andi

1.gif

#6 08-01-06 18:10:18

giggles184
Verified Member

i will do andi thanks  big_smile  ull be beggin me to shut up by the end of it no doubt lmao

#7 08-01-06 18:12:04

asimpsonlowe

ooohhhh, i doubt that....i can talk for England me! so you just go for it.....just keep at it, and never loose sight of what you really want!

Andi

1.gif

#8 08-01-06 19:41:25

giggles184
Verified Member

thanks andi means alot to me that ive got somewhere like this to come and just blurt it all out  big_smile  big_smile

#9 09-01-06 12:28:44

Trumper
Verified Member

giggles

What Diamond test are you doing? Hope it's the Diamond Special.
Passed that last year. Also taken and passed Cardington Special A test.

Good on you for trying to improve your driving. This will count for CDP, when taking Part 2 again for ADI's comes into effect.

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

#10 09-01-06 12:37:59

luchell

Giggles is probably taking the Diamond advanced. She hasnt too long passed her L test and i think giggles you're wanting to improve you driving that little bit more? Good luck to you and i think what you're doing is really sensible.

The Diamond special is a little higher than the Diamond advanced.

#11 09-01-06 13:30:45

Badger

Hi Giggles (I like that name!)

Have you tried this link ?

http://www.driving.org/advanced_test.html

Tells you a bit about it all and youn can use the search engine to find an advanced instructor in your area!

Badger

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 09-01-06 18:25:49

giggles184
Verified Member

luchell wrote:

Giggles is probably taking the Diamond advanced. She hasnt too long passed her L test and i think giggles you're wanting to improve you driving that little bit more? Good luck to you and i think what you're doing is really sensible.

The Diamond special is a little higher than the Diamond advanced.

yes luchell thats the one i wanna take and thank u  big_smile i feel the need to make things that bit better for my own peice of mind and confidence  big_smile

#13 13-01-06 14:26:43

Morgan
Verified Member

I am surprised to hear its a problem finding an instructor to train for the Diamond advanced.

The test is identical to the ADI pt 2, (although the level of driving required seemed slightly higher for the pt 2 too me) so would have thought any ADI would be able to teach it.

#14 13-01-06 16:08:48

ExAdiNigel

Giggles,

Why choose the diamond advanced test?  If you go through with this then you will be paying an ADI an hourly rate for however many lessons you require.

Other 'advanced' tests are operated by the IAM (Institute of Advanced Drivers) and RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents).  These will cost you about £85 which will include the cost of ALL the training you require AND the cost of the test itself AND your first years membership fee.  May be worth looking at.

Hope this helps

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#15 13-01-06 17:41:17

giggles184
Verified Member

well im looking for a challenge and ive looked at the others and this is the one which appeals most to me im well aware of paying the adi at an hourly rate but i dont mind doin that as has been said earlier in the thread i do have an extra motive for this course altho i cant pursue it fully yet  wink big_smile

#16 13-01-06 19:23:43

kevdyas
Verified Member
Website

Hello

I took my DIAmond Advanced Test last year, I had two lessons with the ADI who took me through my 'L' test but I had taken the IAM test prior to that.

If your looking for insurance discounts then the DIAmond Test isn't the way to go - I haven't found an insurance company who recognise it but have found quite a few who recognise IAM.

I found the DIAmond Test to be a very good experience, my examiner was out of my local area so I had to travel to an area I had no experience of but at the end of the day I passed. I do intend to at some point take the DIAmond Special Test.

Kevin

DSA Approved Driving Instructor (Car)
Drive iQ Pro Coach
IAM Senior Observer/DIAmond Advanced Motorist/RoSPA - Gold
www.wheelsbydrivingschool.com

#17 13-01-06 21:47:59

giggles184
Verified Member

no no not looking for insurance discounts just as i said want a challenge and looking to maybe do adi training in the future

#18 14-01-06 08:21:23

ExAdiNigel

Giggles,

If it's a challenge/motivation you want, then look again at RoSPA.  The test is graded Bronze, Silver & Gold and is claimed to be the equivalent of the Police class 1 test but without the blue-light stuff.

See http://www.roada.org.uk/test/car/index.htm

Look here to see if there is a group near you http://www.roada.org.uk/groups/index.htm

Can you get a friend or family member interested?  Gives you someone to talk to about what you have learnt and can add a little competition to get a better grade!

Diamond could be more appropriate later on if you do decide to become an ADI, but perhaps as a 'revision' tool or mock test before the ADI part 2?

Hope this helps

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer