You are not logged in.

#1 19-08-04 11:24:40

jeanie

Failure of pt3

Good Afternoon to one and all.
smile Please can you guys advise, i have just failed my 1st attempt at pt 3 sad , but i think i ended up with fairly good results big_smile  (4/3). The examiner asked if i was working on a pink ticket at the beginning of the test, and i said No and that i have come straight from the college environment  to the test, the examiner was "surprised" at this remark. :shock:  :!:  But cos i failed he has now advised me to now apply for a pink ticket, to help me to gain the invaluable experience that i need, especially with ALL the terminology and speeding up the verbal. :oops:  wink

I have read the debate on "pink ticket", but just need some solid advice.

Jeanie

19-08-04 11:24:40

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failure of pt3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 19-08-04 12:08:46

MrBassMan
Verified Member
Website

Hi Jeanie - a little over one month ago I was in exactly the same situation with exactly the same score (4/3).

As of last Friday, I passed on my second attempt 4/4 - no pinkie!

In fact of the 5 weeks between my tests, two of them were spent in Canada driving on the other side of the road and turing right at red traffic lights!

I knew what I had done wrong the first time round so I concentrated on not making the same mistakes on the second attempt - this worked for me.

Good Luck.

Learn 2 Pass
Driving lessons in and around Ceredigion in West Wales  http://www.L2P.co.uk

#3 19-08-04 12:23:26

jeanie

big_smile Hey CONGRATULATIONS  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

What pst's did you have?, and hey this make me feel better too.

Thanx

#4 19-08-04 14:26:28

Tablespider

I've just failed my second attempt too, and I know where I am weak.  No concerns about the driving skills/knowledge or indeed the different skills needed for the various PSTs but I'm having a hard time with the fault cycle.  Often spot them but I'm not dealing properly with them.

Putting a strategy in place to focus on this without the distraction of the car and other road users in attempt to crack the problem.

First attempt last month - 3/3 pst 5  second attempt yesterday pst 4, 4/3 so next time... who knows smile

#5 19-08-04 15:39:43

jeanie

Hey Tablespider, so sorry that you failed 2 attempt :cry: but please look on the bright side, the grades are getting better smile .

hey this has to be THE HARDEST course that i have ever done!!!!!. But WE CAN DO IT.

My next test date is now in October :shock: , but keep in touch and let me know how you do ok.

Regards to 1 and all

Jeanie

#6 19-08-04 16:22:11

Tablespider

This is spooky... my wife's name is Jeanie......do di do di..... :shock:

#7 20-08-04 13:32:28

jeanie

big_smile hey not spooky...... cool big_smile

#8 22-08-04 22:04:30

jgarbutt
Verified Member
Website

Hi guys,

I finally passed my Part 3 about 4 months ago, on my 3rd attempt, and am really loving the job now.

Without doubt it was one of the most stressful things I've ever done. I probably wasn't ready for my first attempt and got a 3/3.

My next attempt I was ready, but unbelievably nervous, and made a real hash of phase 1, but settled down to phase 2 - I ended up with a 2/5!

The stress for the 3rd attempt was unreal, as I was working on a pink licence and potentially about to be unemployed! Someone did give me a great tip though, which did help to settle my nerves - if you make a hash of phase 1, stop the test (felling ill?). Apparently they can't mark it if you haven't done phase 2, so although you lose the test fee, you don't lose the attempt. As it happens I made a reasonable effort of phase 1 and ended up with a 4/4, which I was overjoyed with. I had the same examiner as before, and she remembered I'd had a good phase 2 previously, so this helped.

As for advice, there are +'s and -'s to a pink licence, but for me I think the added experience helped.

Getting the fault cycle right is essential, I was very focussed on my briefings which I think the examiners place less importance on. Make sure you ID the faults and offer a saolution, remind the 'pupil' as you approach the first attempts to remedy the fault, then give the pupil the opportunity to do it themselves. (Transfer of responsibility)

Anyhow, good luck & I'm sure you'll get there.

Jason Garbutt
DSA Approved Driving Instructor
GDlogom.gif
[color=blue]      Driving lessons throughout Sussex
Tel. 01403 251662 - www.GreatDriver.co.uk

Board footer