You are not logged in.

#1 18-08-04 15:30:28

Natalie

Advertising on a Trainee Licence

Have any of you or would any of you advertise or set up a website etc whilst on a trainee license.  Obviously this would be a good thing as it produces business and gets people interested.

Also if you would advertise etc would you inform the people that you are on a trainee license?

I am thinking of going on a franchise would it make a difference being on a franchise with a company but having your own website?

Oh all these questions.

Nats

18-08-04 15:30:28

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Advertising on a Trainee Licence

#2 18-08-04 18:04:52

Badger

The only stipulation on advertising is that you must not pass yourself off as being qualified in any way.

You are better of justb getting work and building up your pupil base under the umbrella of the franchise.

Build your website but launch it on the day you are qualified

Badger

#3 19-08-04 00:54:37

jonks

I would say that the best idea would be to get a website ready ASAP.

The reason for this is that it can take a few weeks to get your site properly listed with the search engines. Its better to have your site already listed in the engines and directories than having to wait weeks after you qualify.

You could always put a note on your site that you are not yet qualified and are therefore not yet accepting pupils, and then remove such notice when you qualify.

Make sure you get your site properly optimised for the search engines. I tell people this time an time again... A poorly optimised website is like having a car advert in a pet shop. Nobody will find it, and if they do, it wont be what they are looking for at the time.

You must think of your website as an online advert. Effectively that is all it is, and usually all you want it to be. If you are going to spend £100 on designing your website. Be prepared to spend £100 - £200 on optimisation. And do advertise with the major directories that offer HTML text links that pass Pagerank to your site. If you pay £150 per year to be linked from these directories, its £150 well spent.

Optimisation includes ensuring that all of your coding is correct and optimum for current search engine algorithms and making sure you have links from the key directories and websites.

It costs about a hundred pounds for a local newspaper advert that lasts one week. If you were to take 10 of these adverts per year you would spent a grand and perhaps get a few pupils. If instead you spent a grand a year on your web presence, you could have a glowing website, in the No1 spot for your serch terms, be listed in all of the major directories and gain many, and I do mean many, pupils per year.

Thats just an example. An extreme example. Don't go and throw a grand at your website. Do it slowly and build. Although there is nowhere near as much money to be made online as there was four years ago, I firmly believe that there is no better advertising medium. If done correctly, It can be a gold mine.

So, I have rambled on a bit here, but my advice is get a website ASAP.  smile

#4 19-08-04 07:48:49

Natalie

Thanks for that guys I think I will have to get one going.  I think I will do what you said though Badger and say that I am not your fully qualified so won't take on any pupils until I am.

Ramble all you wany jonks your advice is much appreciated.  I expect you will be one of the best people to speak to when it comes to websites.   smile

Thanks again

Nats

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 19-08-04 08:23:54

DSE
Verified Member
Website

Hi Nats

Another important point to note is that a trainee licence holder must not use their home addess or telephone number in adverts.  A way around this is to use a mobile number!

As for having your own website when franchised to someone else - there is no problem with that. Many franchised instructors have their own sites and even run their own adverts in local press etc. It is a good idea and helps to get you established ready for the day you decide to go it alone.

When you first start out keep a record of where pupils come from so that you know what works and what doesn't. e.g. website, franchise supplied, adverts, car, friends, recommendation etc.

www.d-s-e.co.uk

Driving Standards Agency
Accredited Course provider for
Register of Fleet Driver Trainers

ADI Training & Development
by highly qualified grade 6 ADIs.
See website or email for details of our services.

Board footer