You are not logged in.

#1 14-09-05 08:22:45

bigears

CARDINGTON SPECIAL TEST

HI,can anyone give me any information if there are any trainers around the cardington area that can get adi's up to scratch for the cardington test?

Two things are Infinite:The Universe and Human Stupidity;and I'm not sure about the Universe.

14-09-05 08:22:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: CARDINGTON SPECIAL TEST

#2 08-12-05 20:37:39

jeff cox
Verified Member

Hi, i do not know anybody in bedford area that will help with cardinton, how ever i know a few in west sussex if that will help. jc wink  wink

#3 09-12-05 00:53:11

bigears

Hi Jeff, Thanks for that.I already have been in contact with Brian Stratton.Thanks Again Jeff.

Two things are Infinite:The Universe and Human Stupidity;and I'm not sure about the Universe.

#4 05-01-06 07:25:56

Trumper
Verified Member

Passed Cardington Special A test. Quiet easy really. Any ADI should be able to pass this test without too much trouble.

More ADI's should look at doing extra tests like Cardington Dimond etc. This will help for CDP when Part 2 has to be re-taken again. If you have passed one of the advance driving tests then this should count for CDP.

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

#5 05-02-06 18:15:43

JohnD
Website

I passed the Cardington Special Test last November with zero faults.  If anyone needs to know more about the test phone Cardington on 01234 744000.  The three routes used can be downloaded from the DSA website.  I believe that tests are not done regularly but in batches when other training permits. You are required to do all the manoeuvres including a bay park and a parallel park. Apparently, the pass rate (Grade 'A') for 2005 was about 46% and the most common faults were 1. Make progress by driving at a speed appropriate to the road and traffic conditions avoiding undue hesitancy. 2. Exercise proper care in the use of speed. 3. Make proper use of gears. 4. Position the vehicle correctly during normal driving.

Without wishing to advertise I would think the local Instructors Association in Bedford could probably help with training. I practised the manoeuvres, went round each route and simply drove as I normally try to do, to a high standard. I suppose living only 10 miles from Cardington also helps!

Regards,
JohnD

Board footer