You are not logged in.

#1 02-01-06 12:57:05

JDS
Verified Member

Using a Pinky

hi all ,

just want a few opinions on this please.

We all know that Pt3 is not really like teaching in the real world, and we`re given a short time to find, analyse and rectify faults.
We need to pass pt3 and in doing so need to be trained, but how is this training to be delivered? In such a way as to pass pt3 or in a way to teach people to drive, i believe there is a difference.

Does going on a pink impede your pt3 or help?

good luck fellow PDI`ers
and happy new year to all
jason

With great power comes great responsibility

2nd time around - there wont be a third

02-01-06 12:57:05

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Using a Pinky

#2 02-01-06 19:22:34

jackluxford
Verified Member

I've just started my part 3 training (had two lessons so far) and I'm being taught with passing the part 3 test in mind not the teaching I will be doing once qualified.

Jack.

Part 1 - 16/6/2005 Passed 95/57
Part 2 - 12/10/2005 Failed 6/1
Part 2 - 25/10/2005 Passed! 2 minors
Part 3 - 13/12/2006 Failed 3-4
Part 3 - 21/12/2006 Failed 2-3 (disgusting)
Part 3 - 13/6/2007 Failed 3-3

#3 02-01-06 21:09:51

luchell

Thats the whole point. You will be teaching the S.e. Yes the real world is slightly different but i dont believe pst based training is the way to go (im not saying this is how your training is)

Personally the pink makes not much difference only if youre not supervised and get into bad habits. I found it invaluable for real life fault finding and confidence. My part three was fantastic it was like a real lesson. I dont think its a good idea to seperate part three from teaching pupils in real life. Theres no need to.

#4 02-01-06 21:10:20

Crane
Verified Member
Website

Hi!
I find that I have more understanding of what learners might do, but I don't think it's necessary to go pink to pass the test. (didn't help me with my first attempt on part 3)

Crane

I'm sure you can do it,too!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 08-01-06 08:39:01

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

I had a go at Part 3 without the pink and even though I failed it ( not by much ) I have decided to go on a pink to see if it makes the difference and also to get the feel of how it really feels like, ie taking on NEW puples, driving to different locations, getting to really know the person and to take the money off them, filling out a progress report you know the FULL works or a complete cycle of a puple.

I hope to find this out soon, I'm just waiting for the phone to ring as I'm now signed up to a school.

Regards
Si

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#6 10-01-06 21:46:06

gjam732
Verified Member

Doesnt this depend who is doing the training.

My training is definitely to teach people to drive - passing test is a byproduct.  Trainer was very clear on that at the begininging.  Of course it is (has to be) based on the 10 pst's but it is not restricted by that.  This was one of the reasons i chose this instructor, he has a genuine desire to get things right, not for him and not just for me but also for everyone who eventually comes to me to learn.

I dont think i will use pink (its not easy anyway as my training is based 50 miles from my home area)but I do think as much practise as you can get between lessons. Im using relatives to practise on and my wife who cant drive is acting as my first pupil (at least i get chance to tell her what to do for once!)

#7 12-01-06 16:53:58

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

Hi JDS

Make sure you are trained the correct techniques to pass part 3. When it is passed you can perfect your craft. You will see the difference on a pink licence to the way pupils and examiners behave but the examiner is the person who will pass you.

Colin Martin
The Bright Red L http://thebrightredl.com
Instructor Apps http://drivinginstructorapps.co.uk
Apps Video channel https://www.youtube.com/colinbythesea

Board footer