You are not logged in.

#1 18-08-04 15:23:58

Anonymous

COMPULSORY CPD

I For one im not happy with the taking of part one and having to take the hptor compulsory cpd.the reasons y r as follows I am self employed I dont get paid for down time so being forced into further training would be costly.

I Run a very buzy driving school. My pass rate is well above average at 57.50.for blackburn test center.so y do I have to lose money to retrain when I feel that im doing a good job. Also I pay income tax im a full time instructor with three children.

If the industry wants to improve standards then start with the moon lighters and part timers who undercut every one for tax free cash. So we have to work for low pay so come on dont punnish me and my family we cant afford to keep retraining.so please think about what u r trying to bring in.

18-08-04 15:23:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: COMPULSORY CPD

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 18-08-04 18:06:56

DAVE-ADI

You still having problems with that caps lock button then?

I FOR ONE IM NOT HAPPY WITH THE TAKING OF PART ONE AND HAVING TO TAKE THE HPT
You aren't taking part 1,  it's just the hazard perception test now.   And if you've already done it as a pdi you won't need to do it again.

OR COMPULSORY CPD.
If you were in employment you would have to do CPD, or  ongoing training in some form anyway.

THE REASONS Y R AS FOLLOWS I AM SELF EMPLOYED I DONT GET PAID FOR DOWN TIME SO BEING FORCED INTO FURTHER TRAINING WOULD BE COSTLY.
I RUN A VERY BUZY DRIVING SCHOOL.
So put up your prices and save the extra towards paying for the CPD

SO Y DO I HAVE TO LOSE MONEY TO RETRAIN WHEN I FEEL THAT IM DOING A GOOD JOB.
Every ADI  thinks they are the best in the world,   Until it comes to proving it by taking a test

ALSO I PAY INCOME TAX
so does veryone else who works  too.

IF THE INDUSTRY WANTS TO IMPROVE STANDARDS THEN START WITH THE MOON LIGHTERS AND PART TIMERS WHO UNDERCUT EVERY ONE FOR TAX FREE CASH. SO WE HAVE TO WORK FOR LOW PAY SO COME ON DONT PUNNISH ME AND MY FAMILY WE CANT AFFORD TO KEEP RETRAINING.SO PLEASE THINK ABOUT WHAT U R TRYING TO BRING IN.
The best way to get rid of the moonlighters, moaners  etc is to introduce schemes such as CPD.  Because then only those who are committed to the job and want to improve   will take part.  And when they are gone, those who are left will be able to charge more for their services

#3 18-08-04 20:14:49

Anonymous

So y caint cpd be voluntary. driving lessons r voluntary? if a driving instructor was no good then he or she would go out of business.what extra training would be suitable?

#4 18-08-04 21:04:52

Anonymous

also im already the dearest instructor in the town i operate in if i wernt doing a good job i would be sat at home most of the day i work in a small town and most of my work comes from recommedations also i have trained and past my adi exams . past the cardington test diomond test and chek test so what more can i do . cpd is a good idea but its the cost of training on top of lost income that i worry about.failed the diploma. because i did not spend enough time studying.to buizy working. also training in employement is paid for and u get paid. thats what im moaning about econmics.thats what professional is means working to a high standard for good reward. whats wrong with that?

#5 18-08-04 22:23:17

paul1

I personally think that CPD is a great idea and everyone (whatever profession) should welcome it. The check test costs money - I know you don't have to pay to have the examiner there but you still have to offer free lessons to the pupil (normally).

Paul.

#6 19-08-04 22:24:33

Anonymous

i agree cpd is a good idea but y do we feel a need for it to b compulsory.driving lesons  are not . are we saying that the dsa syatem is not good enough.my costs  r going up so y make it even more exspensive after all its a buiness . we can contact a se adi for advice and check test and what more can cpd do as any good adi would keep upto date anyway.if the dsa put up the cost of registation there would be a out cry but yet thats what we would be doing by making cpd compulsary. i just dont get it . its just another cost we can do with out. rember we are just teaching people to drive a car safely. its adi training whats needed to be looked at it is they who would benefit by cpd because they need it more than the average adi and they make more money so they could aford the extra cost. there are to many big companys making a lot of money for in some cases poor training start with them first and then u will see them making a lot of noise. if cpd does be come compulsory it is these companys who will gain not u or i it is them who need to get their house in order first.

#7 19-08-04 23:02:48

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Driving lessons are not compulsory but people teaching others to drive is something else !

Training ADIs if another ball game, What the DSA are trying to do is get rid of the dry rot, I think compulsory CPD is a good thing or not many would do it, Certainly the ones who lack the skills anyhow.

I don't agree with the hazard perception test for many reasons but compulsory CPD i do.

If one has a green badge to show then one must show the skills to keep that badge.

Regards

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 20-08-04 14:08:32

VandADI
Administrator

HI Lee,
In view of what has been said above, can you afford NOT to keep on re-training?

WE CANT AFFORD TO KEEP RETRAINING.SO PLEASE THINK ABOUT WHAT U R TRYING TO BRING IN.

VandADI

#9 21-08-04 15:28:02

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi,

We can afford to keep training if we are getting good hours at a good rate.

I'm convinced that many of us will achieve an hourly rate of £25 or more once the public know the difference between good and bad instructors.

The check test and current grading system doesn't tell them. Perhaps a well thought out, well publicised CPD system will push aside some of the cowboys and give us a chance to earn what many of us deserve.

I would like to suggest that you all keep upto date with what 5s Consulting are doing on behalf of the DSA and make your contributions and ideas known to them.

This sort of opportunity only comes around once in a very long time. Make the most of it.

Regards,

#10 21-08-04 15:45:27

VandADI
Administrator

I agree with Bigred, 5Sc are acting on behalf of the DSA to establish what form CPD should take and EVERYONE can put their views across and it will be duly noted. I attended the last CPD Focus group, as did Bigred and I took it upon myself to relay details onto this forum, see :- http://iseekhere.com/learn2driveforum/v … highlight=.
I received a letter from 5Sc yesterday, and they have analysed the feedback from questionnaires sent out to ADI's and PDI's as well as from others involved in training instructors. The response has been high and many interesting and challenging ideas are emerging.  The final round of Focus Group Meetings are taking place towards the end of September, and by November they will put all the information together to forward onto the DSA.  You HAVE to face up to the fact that CPD is on its way, it WILL, in time, squeeze out the cowboys, leaving the good ADI's to get the cream.
You can always check out the project and programme in greater detail on the project website www.5sconsulting.com/driving.
VandADI.

#11 21-08-04 22:15:58

CarADI

Hi Bigred

Are there any good ADIs already charging £25 or more?

Are they independents or franchised?

Could current franchised ADIs get £25 if they were independent? or are they only getting it due to the companies support? Because indys depend on recoms for new pupils and wouldnt get them unless instruction was good.

#12 22-08-04 07:04:41

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi CarADI,

There are some who charge £25 or more, but not many. I would guess most are independent.

Can anyone in the London area confirm lesson prices of BSM, AA, Red etc.

Currently, we have a top rate of £21. Our team is now complete for the Folkestone test centre area. (I won't add anyone else to the 6 excellent instructors we already have.) We can now concentrate on getting quality work at a premium rate in a targetted area.

In our other areas - Ashford, Canterbury, Broadstairs, Herne Bay, Maidstone, Gillingham & Sevenoaks we are still building our reputation and cannot as yet say we have more pupils than we can handle. But once we get to this stage we will be edging the prices up to whatever is sustainable.

But believe me - we have to rely on recomendations too! All the fancy web sites and marketing in the world can't substitute a pupil telling their friends.

Regards,

Board footer