You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 20-12-05 17:54:58

la.monikita
Verified Member

do you charge pupils for your check test?

i had my first date come up on the 31st of Jan.
so wondered what you all did re the cost of the lesson? Free 2h free 1h etc...
am sure i will search the data base here, and then ask additional questions when they come up in my mind
:?  lol

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

20-12-05 17:54:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: do you charge pupils for your check test?

#2 20-12-05 18:15:52

markA.d.I

I gave it to my pupil for free ..... they were left in the t/c waiting room for about 20 minutes after, i didnt feel like i had to rush then and had loads of time to pick the se'brains.

I learnt loads from him, he was a nice fella who offered loads of advice about IAM and ROSPA.

Good experience for me!.

(free 2 hours, nice like that!)

#3 20-12-05 19:11:54

sparkle

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  8)  tongue

#4 20-12-05 20:17:55

luchell

Ive got mine on the 26th jan so im going to beat you to it la mon!! Its only been 4 months since my part three pass BUT bring it on!! Im looking forward to it. Any tips welcome!!

By the way im giving the lesson free (to my mum dont ask) :shock:

#5 20-12-05 20:23:26

luchell

Oh any tips except "dont take your mum" lol  I know what im up to, and its going to work! (No plan intended just help for my poor mother who has trouble in todays world of driving! I will be taking her out for lessons beforehand to iron out things as she passed yrs ago)

Poor dear old mum has obismal(sp???) problems with forward planning and anticipation so much so things really frighten her.

She gets in the right hand lane about 5 miles to early because she wants to turn right at the same roundabout every morning and causes tons of road rage!!(shes frightened incase she cant get in that lane when she needs to so just sits in it causing all sorts of fun for everyone else!) She just wants help with getting up to speed and feeling confident again.

I will make sure i dont have a 'pupil' whose going to fall apart but at the same time she has plenty to work with and i will change the lesson plan if we start shaving parked cars for instance.

I have also spoken to our se and he agrees no problems and it should be interesting! Shes just like me and we look very alike, she has a wicked dry sense of humour she just cant drive like me wink  Give it time and ill have her driving like an angel lol

#6 20-12-05 20:24:04

luchell

Oh and sorry for hijacking your thread la mon!! :oops:  Got carried away!!

#7 20-12-05 21:56:54

Django

I didn't charge the SE either so deffo free. tongue  lol  lol  lol

#8 20-12-05 23:17:20

bandb666
Verified Member

Yep, Free....... tongue

32228867b788f001d0578227977f51516cfb185f8a8b5a90a373e985.jpg

#9 20-12-05 23:37:16

la.monikita
Verified Member

Free it is guys! lol

I don't know whom or what I’ll be teaching,

Haley, I would teach my mum    :shock:  :?  lol          But she has a full licence and my dad never let her near his cars, and I tried to ex-plain to her yesterday how to wind the fresh spaghetti onto the fork (she’s only 58!) and I had problems.  wink  wink :cry:  :cry:
When I left Poland in 1986 @ 18 my mum had a licence and “could” drive, I may be able to teach her but she does not really want to learn.
:shock:  wink  lol

Abraham Maslow

#10 20-12-05 23:51:18

luchell

Im lucky because mums begging for help!! I never thought id see her so interested in what i do. Its nice to be able to help her. Good luck with yours lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 21-12-05 00:02:34

roadhog
Verified Member

Hi la.monikita wrote

Haley, I would teach my mum    But she has a full licence

Could take your mum on a refresher lesson for Check Test.

Will soon be included on some part 3 role plays

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 21-12-05 06:48:49

la.monikita
Verified Member

roadhog wrote:

Hi la.monikita wrote

Haley, I would teach my mum    But she has a full licence

Could take your mum on a refresher lesson for Check Test.

fat chance, as she's going back 2k miles after xmas. she has a licence but had never driven, don't know why she got a licence in first place, she was never really interested. :?  wrong side of the road for her in here, WRONG lingo could be a problem as well  roll . lol

i'm still not sure who to take on my CT, as i would like to teach the p. park,
but want to do it with a pup who has not done it yet, and i don't have one at the mo :?

Abraham Maslow

#13 21-12-05 08:22:04

TDC
Verified Member

strange tho isnt it considering we are supposed to be giving a normal lesson as required in the general progress of that particular pupil, why give it free.  ok dont charge for 2 hours cos 20 minutes will be spent going over it with SE but why not charge for the one hour of the actual lesson as surely progress is being made.
Weird tho my first one i didnt charge cos it didnt feel right but now next time i will cos i know the pupil still benefits from it

Im so good its unbelievable

#14 21-12-05 16:43:38

la.monikita
Verified Member

i've just had a graet service from DSA! Called to ask to change my test to mid feb, get my parents off home and recover after xmas, also have a rospa test end of jan.
she says she can give me 4th of jan :shock: , that's 2 weeks away :evil: , "all we have" she says, or chnage to 8.45am same day, but i tell her have a rospa test the same day at 1pm and she says "take the 8.45 then". thats too streafull 2 test in one day, so then she goes away to speak to se. calls back to say he says you have take the 8.45 test  :shock: , what, why. i can't take 2 important test in one day i'll cancell the rospa one, and keep the noon on 31st. "no you can't i already changed the time it's 8.45 now". why?????????????????????????? :twisted:
SO she "politly" said, "am not getting anywhere with you here i'm going to get the se to call you. she's bit thick or what!
:twisted: what a B$$h. customer service my a$$$$ :evil:

Abraham Maslow

#15 21-12-05 18:45:34

markA.d.I

That sucks .............

Surely you can just say sorry not convenient for me ?

I understood you could re-arrange without any hassle ...... as long as you did'nt take the michael and keep putting it off.

Damn DSA, they mucked me around with my check test and costs me an afternoons work, plus i had taken a load of extra training on the run up to it ..... then they cancelled day prior to test.

#16 22-12-05 07:34:43

jeremiah
Verified Member

the dsa sent me a check test, one call, they changed t/c and time no problem.
speak as i find, exellent service, nice telephone manner. no complaints at all.

#17 22-12-05 16:11:37

LeanneADI
Verified Member

free

Leanne

#18 22-12-05 18:35:04

la.monikita
Verified Member

i probably got a brainless B$$h with pmt :shock:  :evil: ,
left a message with SEadi, he left another one to speak to Cardiff. Phoned them late today. REALLY lovely lady with an excellent telephone manner took a message, they will call me back tomorrow. i said , i would like to keep my  original appointment. tongue . see who wins :twisted:
We’ll see what happens: roll:
Had I known it would give me so much stress I would not have bothered to change anything.
:cry:

Abraham Maslow

#19 11-01-06 23:13:10

la.monikita
Verified Member

Just an update on the great service lol,
after not getting a call the following day i decided to send back the letter accepting the original date given (THAT SUPPOSEDLY WAS NO LONGER AVAILABLE) :evil: .
had a call this week confirming that original date HA i winnnnn!!

2.gif

taking my son on am motorway pass plus module, and getting help from old mate, chief of TIC (no longer) such a nice bloke

1.gif

Abraham Maslow

#20 19-01-06 17:47:16

Mr..B
Verified Member

had mine last week,good old dsa letter arrived just before xmas
i charged for 1 lesson,the pupil had about 1 and a half hours driving,so not a bad deal

#21 19-01-06 18:08:20

la.monikita
Verified Member

hey Mr B, what grade did you get? just me being nosey  :oops: lol,
what subject did you do?

Abraham Maslow

#22 19-01-06 18:11:53

Mr..B
Verified Member

obviously a grade 6

or was it a 4,same thing,a pass
the lesson was on roundabouts,i think in future i will play it safe....

#23 24-01-06 17:30:05

captain_compass
Verified Member
Website

I didn't charge pupil for check test.  As much as it's supposed to be a 'normal' lesson, the pupil isn't used to anyone else in the car and it's a bit cheeky to make 'em pay for sitting in the car or the DTC while you brief & de-brief with the SE.  I told her she was a star for helping me out and ended up with five of her friends as recommendations!  Speculate to accumulate.... wink

CC

#24 25-01-06 09:16:42

jeremiah
Verified Member

no charge.but i do ask for £20 for the lift back from the t/c.

some walk, would you credit.

#25 25-01-06 13:16:26

Mr..B
Verified Member

no charge.but i do ask for £20 for the lift back from the t/c.

some walk, would you credit.

i like your style

Board footer