You are not logged in.

#1 03-08-04 11:41:59

alys
Website

LDC, NITC or Passmasters?

Hello everyone,

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who has posted here.  I have been thinking about training to be a driving instructor for a while and your posts have helped me to decide to go for it.

I am now at the stage of trying to decide who to train with.  I have considered the option of "going it alone" and I could no doubt save some money but I prefer the idea of training with a college with all the backup etc etc. 

I have narrowed my choice of colleges down to LDC, NITC and Passmasters, I have arranged meetings with each of them over the next few days and I have all my questions ready (well, all that I can think of anyway!) about their training structure, hours, one-to-one, justification of pass rates, commitment to franchises etc.  What I would like to ask you all is your personal view on each of these colleges.  I can find alot about the LDC (and it is my first choice at the moment) but there isn't much about the other two.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Alys

PS I live in Preston, Lancs.

Alys smile

03-08-04 11:41:59

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: LDC, NITC or Passmasters?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 03-08-04 11:59:02

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

Hi
I only know about my training which i did with LDC i found them to be good and now i have a francise with them' i would say go and see what they all have to say before you make your  mind up ask lots of questions as it is a lot of cash to pay if you chose the wrong trainer for you

all the best of luck with your training who ever you train with

alan

#3 03-08-04 19:18:51

rrmark
Verified Member

Hi
I am currently training with ldc and find them to be quite casual but in a professional way, you know, I feel able to contact them and ask the silliest of questions. I have been with them for a few weeks now and have no complaints. They also appear to be interested in getting you to be a good instructor rather than just passing exams.  I had a meeting with the instructor college too but just didn't get the same vibes from them. If can help any more just shout.

Mark

#4 04-08-04 04:52:54

CHEBS

Hi,

Without wishing to do anyone down...... I started training with passmasters, after two attempts at part three I ended up on my last chance and passed it with help from BSM. I would not openly slag a training provider off in a forum like this but........... up to you. P.S. they do have the gift of the gab which tends to draw you in

#5 04-08-04 06:20:59

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I am now with LDC too,
But when i first looked into it, i applied with:
LDC
Lets drive,
Passmasters,
BSM,
The instructor college,
RED,

After reading the literature, i eventually went for interviews with BSM, and LDC.
after the BSM interview i was all for not even bothering, but went to LDC the following day, and well here i am, they wanted me, BSM bloke wanted the car on the road for the £££££'s, he didnt seem to care less whether i qualified or not, but Mike Ardell wanted to get me through my 3 parts. Also i am the only LDC instructor in Shrewsbury, so i get all the work, and the franchise is cheaper, (£21.75/ week we pay), but we have to supply our own car which is about another £75-£100/ week depending on the option you go for- lease or buy!!  I have just bought my car and its £20/ week cheaper than the car i was leasing.

Good luck

robbie
tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)   roll   roll   roll   roll

#6 04-08-04 22:34:18

spanisheyes

Be very careful about who you choose

#7 05-08-04 17:42:42

yellowandblack

Part 1: DIY, contact an ADI, he/she still have their part 1 theory folders...BSM charged me £500 for my two a4 folders...you can have them for £50 [joking]

Part 2: DIY, contact an ADI, he'll remember the standard required....i teach plenty sucessfully at part II standard...

Part 3: Go to Brian Stratton and invest all/most of your money here
http://www.instructor-training.co.uk/ITP_Contacts.htm

He is a genius,,,the type of person that saves you when you are on your third attempt at part III...

y&b

#8 16-08-04 23:33:19

arwen
Website

you dont have to pay very much for training,read all the books get the question bank from dsa,get your driving upto standard with an ADI then take part three training with an ADI at hourly rates.This is how we train people to become ADIs' and they pass. :twisted:

L2D.co.uk

#9 17-08-04 16:20:56

Tay

If you have not already decided I suggest that you study for Part One on your own Buy the books and study at home. That's basically all you get from an establishment anyway. That'll cost about £120.00. As you are studying you will find out more about the industry. If you change your mind you've only spent £120.00 and not £2,500.00 with no refund. Have you researched the market in Preston. Are you sure there is work in that area.

Board footer