You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 06-03-04 09:36:26

johnexley
Verified Member
Website

Trailers - Categories of Driving Licence required

When a Category B (car) test is passed entitlement is given to tow trailers upto 750kg and gross weight of 3.5 tonnes. Anything over this weight requires extra tests in categories C1, C, C+E or B+E.

Please correct me if I'm wrong: passing a Category B test also gives Cayegory F (agricultural tractor) entitlement and as I understand the rules a 17 year old can then drive an agricultural tractor and trailer with a gross weight up to 24.390 tonnes. Some modern tractors are capable of 40mph (the national speed limit for goods vehicles of 7.5 tonnes on a single carriage way road).

Is this safe?  :?:

Regards John  wink

John Exley
A,B,BE,B1,C,CE,C1E,D1,D1E,f,k,l,n,p,h
http://www.johnexley.co.uk
http://www.towing-training.co.uk

06-03-04 09:36:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Trailers - Categories of Driving Licence required

#2 06-03-04 20:24:40

jonks

Re: Trailers - Categories of Driving Licence required

It does sound like a lot to put at the hands of 17 Year old.

I remember when I was 17, I would have probably had great fun in a machine like that  smile  Would very definately hacve been a danger in my hands.

Board footer