You are not logged in.

#1 16-08-04 13:04:46

crazymaddriver

road directions a se uses on pt 3

hi all

I recently had an attempt at part three (failed)  Crossroads phase one and ped crossings phase two. My real problem was the directions the SE gave me, She would say - turn me left - turn me right this i found very difficult especially on the crossroads, as where i took the test is a lot of back street crossroads with lots of cars parked on both sides of the road so just identifying anything was near impossible un less you were a local resident ( and then i think they would struggle) i also got confused when she said (eg) turn  me left - did she mean take the next road on the left or was it at the end of the road turn left ? i was looking for the turnings and when i did find them it was basically to late to give the instuctionI didn't know from her instruction if it was an approach to turn left or an emerge to turn left.

When i confonted her between phase 1 + 2 she said thats how the dsa had told her how to give insrtucions I also asked her about 'at the end of the road turn left or right' she only said turn me left - turn me right. She said the end of the road is basically the end of the road where you can go no further (dead end) etc I have always been taught that the end of the road is where on road ends and another begins and  to intruct my pupils saying ant the end of the road turn left / right.

She said this would confuse the driver if i gave this instruction.

Yor view on this would be appreciated

I actually had another attemt at pt 2 the other week had another se he was very nice and gave the instruction as I have been taught to expect still failed but he was very good at what he did but I can't say that of her

Should i complain to the DSA about her method of giving direction as being very very confusing ?

16-08-04 13:04:46

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: road directions a se uses on pt 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 16-08-04 18:36:47

Bob_FOADS

I actually had another attemt at pt 2 the other week had another se he was very nice and gave the

I assume you mean part 3 (not doing part 2 again for any reason?)

You have a limited amount of time to put in a claim for a test not conducted in a fair manner and it may take some time to get it all sorted. How long do you have till your 2 years is up?

Otherwise putting in a claim for an unfair test may be worthwhile. You may get a free retest and possibly the equivelent of a fort go at part 3 if it come to it. The down side is if you get the same examiner again on the re-test they may not look on you too kindly! If I was to put in a comaplaint I'd probably use a different center for any subsiquent re-tests.

#3 16-08-04 18:40:34

adi
Verified Member
Website

I am with Bob on this one, I wouldn't be too happy taking a test without the examiner giving crystal instructions.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 16-08-04 23:10:09

Lynne
Verified Member

When i confonted her between phase 1 + 2 she said thats how the dsa had told her how to give insrtucions I also asked her about 'at the end of the road turn left or right' she only said turn me left - turn me right.

Hiya..

I had 3 attempts at Pt 3 (2 different examiners) and neither of them gave such ambiguous directions!

She said the end of the road is basically the end of the road where you can go no further (dead end) etc I have always been taught that the end of the road is where on road ends and another begins and to intruct my pupils saying ant the end of the road turn left / right.

When I give instruction if we are approaching crossroads I say "at the crossroads turn ...." 

If I was approaching a T junction to emerge then I will say "at the end of the road"

Good luck next time. 

Regards

Lynne

#5 17-08-04 06:00:12

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I also had 3 attempts and 2 different SE's
I did mine in Worcester and i too found it difficult to find the jcts etc, not knowing the area.
On 1st attempt i had Xrds, and ped Xings
2nd attempt Emergency stop, and progress, positioning and hesitancy,
3rd attempt Turn in road, approaching Jcts.

The first 2 were with the same Se and he would say get me to turn left / right / go ahead etc
the final was with a different SE, and he would just say left, right, ahead, and he was a bit abrupt. My trainer sat in, and he said he was a bit unclear with directions. Good job i passed though.

Going back to the 1st attempt, i mentioned in the end of test debrief, about not knowing where the jcts etc are, and the SE said it shouldn't matter, all you do is repeat the instruction!!  Then on the 3rd attempt, i said to SE at start, about not knowing the area, and he said the same.

roll   roll   roll   roll   roll   roll   roll   roll   roll   roll

#6 19-08-04 20:59:46

crazymaddriver

i still need some idea of whats happening eg if i'm approaching a  crossroads (and crossroads is one of my pst's ) i need to tell my ''pupil'' there is a crossroads approaching where r u going to look etc after all your teaching a ''pupil'' how to identify and deal with a crossroads.

Board footer