You are not logged in.

#1 18-07-04 15:51:35

need2pass

no confidence!

hi evry1. ive had about 30 lessons and i had 2 cancel my test last month as i got in2 a massive panic and couldnt even get in the car! i think im doing really well in my lessons but i dont know how im gonna pass my test! any1 got any advice? :cry:

18-07-04 15:51:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: no confidence!

#2 18-07-04 18:55:50

Midge
Website

Has your instructor arranged for you to take a mock test, preferably with an instructor you don't know.  Once you realise that some one else can sit comfortably in the car while you drive you may feel better.
The only remedy I advise my pupils to take if they are nervous is a homeopathic  one called Arg.Nit.  You can get it from Boots or health food shops, but you need to start taking it well before the test, it isn't a drug,  but it does prevent you getting too het up.
   I also find that telling yourself you've GOT to pass makes things worse. 
On the test itself, try to pretend it's just a person you are giving a lift home to, it's your car, but they know the route to take.
Midge

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

#3 19-07-04 13:49:32

need2pass

thanx i'll try that. ive had mock tests but only with my usual instructor.

#4 21-07-04 00:20:46

Unplugged

Hmmm I was a wreck before my first test alwyas causes the most stupid mistakes sad

Shame its illegal or 3 pints should to the trick lol

If I recall I did pretty dismal on my Mock Test its just the same as anything but to remain calm and take it slowly try not to watch what the instructor is doing with his pen. A mate of mine passed a few months back and went in a wreck and was convinced by a quarter of the way though that he had failed so just drove though it and passed wink

#5 24-07-04 18:05:42

Anonymous

big_smile MAYY    B    U R JUST NOT READY 4 UR TEST YET ASK URSELF THIS QUESTION CAN I DRIVE SOLO WITH OUT HELP OF MY INSTRUTOR AND DO IT WITHOUT MAJOR MISTAKES JUST A FEW MINOR MISTAKES IS OK . IF THE ANS NO TNEN U R NOT READY 4 UR TEST BECAUSE IF U CAINT DO IT ON UR LESSONS U WILL NOT DO IT ON UR TEST BCAUSE U WILL B NERVOUS AND UR WEAKNESS WILL B MAGNIFED BY ABOUT TEN TIMEA TEST TIP FROM LEE ADI

#6 24-07-04 20:26:51

Unplugged

Wow have people started posting on thier mobile phones?

If your instructor seems to think you are ready enougth to book a test then he must have recognised that you are at a standard where you should be thinking of ending your lessons.

Taking the test is tramatising particually the first time but nerves can be a diffcicault thing to overcome.

#7 16-08-04 16:24:09

need2pass

thanx 4 all the advise guys, ive got back on track now and i am begining 2 feel much more confident! i have arranged a mock test with another instructor from the company and i have a test next month. i´ll let u no how it goes! thanx again!  big_smile

Board footer