You are not logged in.

#1 06-12-05 21:13:46

sardine
Verified Member

Sticky ? clutch

Got in my car yesterday and when I went to let the clutch up it stayed down!   :shock:
After a few times flicking it up with my foot it worked okay
My siters boyfriend had a look and thinks it might need a new clutch, he knows a bit about cars but reckons if it needs a new clutch it's a garage job   :cry:
Anybody have any ideas how much this'll cost 
Should I cancel Christmas  wink

Passed 1st Theory 31.08.04
Failed 1st Practical 21.03.05
Passed 2nd Practical 23.04.05
Completed Pass Plus 07.05.05
Drives an "M" reg Astra called Simon
Sardine

06-12-05 21:13:46

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Sticky ? clutch

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 08-12-05 22:42:39

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

It may just be the return spring.

The spring returns the clutch to the 'up position' when you take your foot of it. You should be able to see the spring, under the brake pedal, check it not un-hooked and that it is taught.

Go to this link, to see what the springs can look like.

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search/image … &vc=&x=wrt

Ps, They ain't going to cost you much at all. big_smile

#3 11-12-05 11:02:00

sardine
Verified Member

Thanks for your reply.
My sisters boyfriend had a look at it and it was that the spring was unhooking.
Apparently I am too heavy footed when I put the clutch down :oops:
We live and learn.
Least it didn't cost me anything to put right. big_smile

Passed 1st Theory 31.08.04
Failed 1st Practical 21.03.05
Passed 2nd Practical 23.04.05
Completed Pass Plus 07.05.05
Drives an "M" reg Astra called Simon
Sardine

Board footer