You are not logged in.

#1 07-08-04 16:04:43

Spenceruk

ADI Training & IAM Training - Together or Separately?

I am training to become an ADI (Approved Driving Instructor) having just passed my Part 1. I will be starting my training with Passmasters shortly for Parts 2 and 3.
I have been reading quite a lot about the IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists) and I am very interested.
I would appreciate advice as to whether it is recommended to do these at the same time or not?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards.

07-08-04 16:04:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI Training & IAM Training - Together or Separately?

#2 09-08-04 05:18:07

Ozzie

Personally I would do them seperatly as I would find the two driving styles totally different. If you want to do an advanced driving course to aid your ADI part 2 training, try the DIAmond Advanced course. You will be marked very similar to the ADI part 2 test, so you get a good idea as to how it will go without losing any attempts.

Ozzie

#3 09-08-04 08:59:31

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hiya
I totally agree with Ozzie on this, Infact I would wait till you have qualified before doing the IAM Course (if that's the one you want to do).
You have enough to contend with-with the ADI training without putting yourself under more strain. (not that the IAM is a strain) You know what I mean.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 10-08-04 11:40:51

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Same again, Wait till you have done your ADI training.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 15-08-04 21:09:46

ordit pete

Spenceruk wrote:

I am training to become an ADI (Approved Driving Instructor) having just passed my Part 1. I will be starting my training with Passmasters shortly for Parts 2 and 3.
I have been reading quite a lot about the IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists) and I am very interested.
I would appreciate advice as to whether it is recommended to do these at the same time or not?
Kind regards.

I quite agree with everybody above, the IAM have different views on a few things especially signalling and driving lines through bends and roundabouts. You will get confused running the two together.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 16-08-04 05:48:04

Gizmotime
Administrator

ordit pete wrote:
Spenceruk wrote:

Kind regards.

I quite agree with everybody above, the IAM have different views on a few things especially signalling and driving lines through bends and roundabouts. You will get confused running the two together.

Your right there, The IAM do have slightly different views on a few things,This is why I said Wait DON'T do the 2 together,I'm glad I did the IAM first before deciding to do the ADI training.
I'm also fully aware that a FEW ADI'S don't agree with the IAM.

No Offence meant so Please don't take any.

Board footer