You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 01-12-05 13:13:01

Carlo
Verified Member

When is your pupil Test Ready??

Hi all,

As some will now i'm on my pink and have not yet taken anyone to test yet.  I have a pupil coming up to having 35hrs of training and seem a good safe driver.  Her mons. need a bit of tidying up apart from that i'm quite happy  smile .

But because I haven't taken anyone to test yet I'm unaware of whats exactly required?  Any ideas on how I can judge?

Thanks
Carlo

"It's easy when you know how!"

01-12-05 13:13:01

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: When is your pupil Test Ready??

#2 01-12-05 13:26:54

Target
Verified Member
Website

Consistently good. on various types of road.

Very few prompts. Mons need to be the same.

Can they drive without your assistance??. Are they a danger to themselves or other drivers. Look for Part 2 standards.

You could always run a mock test, can be done at any time. Less than 10 DF's is good, no more than 1 Serious i'd say is test standard. Dangerous faults need more attention.

Its often a question i ask myself. Have a pupil whos on 10 hours and sure he would pass the test. Just works it out for himself before he does it. He applys logic and makes it simple.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#3 01-12-05 17:33:12

sparkle

Funny one this i think:

I think if you can go 40 mins without using dual control/grabbing wheel/or verbally assisting..then your HALF way there.

Girl i had pass yesterday, well...on her pre-test lesson i had to grab sterring wheel as she flew around the junction of goodmayes road :shock: foot went on gas ...instead of brake :x ..so after i nearly had a hear attack..and so did she.. we went for test..and she passed..

you never can tell!!! lol

#4 01-12-05 19:59:21

arib
Verified Member
Website

I remember when I had my educational shortly after qualifying the SE asked me what criteria I would use before putting a pupil in for a test. Remenber I'd only just qualified so hadn't had a pupil up for a test. So I just said, 'When I can trust him on his own with the keys to my car'. 'Seems a perfectly good reason' he said. To this day thats what standard I set before they go for a test.

ariB

#5 01-12-05 20:14:47

Aladi
Verified Member

Carlo
Not being funny mate but your trainer should be giving you this advice
and even helping you  otherwise why are you paying them?.Are you being supervised or just out as franchise fodder.

Aladi.

#6 01-12-05 22:03:07

Target
Verified Member
Website

I never went the trainee route but from memory do you not get (2) options.

1 is is to have an Adi sponsor your lessons and oversea your tuition the other is to just go out and take a further 20 hours tuition before your first attempt. Assuming min 40 hours has been covered.

So lets say Carla is on a Pink badge with that other coloured company, he/shes basically out on a limb and i can understand wanting to get some advice from forum members.

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

#7 01-12-05 22:04:26

jeni
Verified Member
Website

Hi all

Its a difficult one this - one ADI test standard pupil is another ADI fail

I would suggest that you get an idea by sitting in the back and as a general rule  wink

If your pupil has less that 6 driver errors they are well above test standard

If your pupil has over 12 driver errors perhaps they could do with a bit more work

regardless of the serious faults (below 3) as we all know the BEST pupil can fall down JUST before the TC on lights or roundabouts

As a trainee is really tricky and I was guilty of putting pupils in before they were at test standard - its really something you learn with experience

You could try sitting in on another ADI's pupils who they consider at test standard

But remember they should be able to drive unaided so TEST them - ask them to pull in on a hill and in busy traffic have they done the POM routine correctly without making another car do the 4 s's

can they do the mans without prompt and deal with tricky meeting situations and dual carr and of course traffic lights roundabouts and ped crossings?

Hope that helps  lol

Jeni

Jeni Holland ADI Driving Instructor Trainer (Passed Ordit 2006) Pay as you go trainer
www.abfabdec.co.uk

Poole Dorset 01202 259382

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 02-12-05 10:20:09

Carlo
Verified Member

AAInstructor1 wrote:

So lets say CARLO is on a Pink badge with that other coloured company, he/shes basically out on a limb and i can understand wanting to get some advice from forum members.

Got it in one mate  smile .  Thanks for the responses, its been a great help!  smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 02-12-05 10:27:28

Carlo
Verified Member

Aladi wrote:

Carlo
Not being funny mate but your trainer should be giving you this advice
and even helping you  otherwise why are you paying them?.Are you being supervised or just out as franchise fodder.
Aladi.

Dude, my training has been top notch thanks very much.  Also by some of the responses on this thread its pretty plain that even qualified ADI's find it hard to judge sometimes, so put yourself in my shoes (new to the job, gaining experience, trying my best to give good quality lesson, studying etc, etc).

Not having a dig mate but as i'm sure you can remember, it's !!!!!!!! hard work as a trainee and theres lots of things going on while your on a pink not just a matter of giving lessons.

Carlo

#10 02-12-05 16:37:15

Aladi
Verified Member

Carlo
I fully agree, but you are on a trainee licence, under sponsership or supervision. You first port of call must be your sponser.If you are unsure of any aspect of being an instructor, your trainer should be your mentor

Forums are great for getting view points but if you are having problems now with making judgement calls what happens on part three phase two
Has booked test and wants to know if should proceed?. That was my part three phase two .I will say again you have paid to be trained, if your training is top notch first class why ask a forum for advice? I am not being anything other than realistic. Its your part three. By the way a pink is to get experience as part of the training process your sponser should be keeping an eye on you until you become an instructor.

Aladi.

#11 02-12-05 19:00:02

LeanneADI
Verified Member

The pink licence is an opportunity to learn on the job aswell.  Ask those questions now while your a PDI.  Gain the experience and then you can take it easy as an ADI. 

Dont worry about asking things on the forum.  I know what its like.  Your with your trainer all day and its only when you get home that a question pops up.  Use them though.  Thats what you are paying them for.

As for being test standard.  I try to give them a few mock tests to see the weaknesses and then its the usual question I ask myself.  Would I trust them on their own??

Leanne

#12 02-12-05 21:33:10

Orcharddrive
Verified Member
Website

When is your pupil test ready?
When the examiner has had his quota of fails for that week wink

Visit www.instructor.org.uk for free help and training guides on becoming a driving instructor.

#13 02-12-05 21:37:49

Target
Verified Member
Website

Orcharddrive wrote:

When is your pupil test ready?
When the examiner has had his quota of fails for that week wink

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

Board footer