You are not logged in.

#1 01-12-05 18:57:20

Denny

Self certify certificate

Hi all,

Have any of you tried to get a mortgage and been told that either you cant without 2-3 years worth of books or self certify yourself, paying a very large deposit?

Does anyone have any advice? or know of a better way around this? :cry:

Thanks

01-12-05 18:57:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Self certify certificate

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 01-12-05 21:56:04

jeni
Verified Member
Website

Hi

I got a mortgage with a broker - ideal finance

It was a combi of self cert and buy to let (very tricky) as I rent my house out and it was for a very very large amount

The only problem was the up front fees otherwise its fine I changed from Lloyds as they wanted to charge me 7% for a buy to let

I had to pay broker £350 when mortgage was approved but well worth the money as they did all the leg work and offered me 14 different companies to go with

Hope that helps

jeni

Jeni Holland ADI Driving Instructor Trainer (Passed Ordit 2006) Pay as you go trainer
www.abfabdec.co.uk

Poole Dorset 01202 259382

#3 02-12-05 06:15:49

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

About 3 months after i started we needed to change our central heating (£3500), i had £8000 in bank from my redundancy package, but didnt want to use that.

We asked our mortgage lenders if we could add £10k to our mortgage, and get a new kitchen aswell. in the bank everything was looking good, then 2 weeks later i got a phone call saying i needed 3 years of accounts. they wouldn't even be able to give us a loan, so as central heating was arriving the following week, i had to use savings.
we are thinking of having another go after xmas.

#4 02-12-05 08:42:30

Orcharddrive
Verified Member
Website

I used the Mortgage Centre ( Peter Griffiths ) based in Dartford, Kent. He advertises in the back of the DIA Driving Instructor newspaper. I live 100 miles away so all work was done by phone, post and e-mail. He has a deal for instructors whereby you only need to have been trading for one year, no proof of income needed. Mortgage is with Bank of Scotland and you initially put a 10% deposit but after 3 months, you get 5% back again.
Hope that's some use. big_smile

Visit www.instructor.org.uk for free help and training guides on becoming a driving instructor.

#5 02-12-05 08:53:09

JDS
Verified Member

thanks orchard thats well worth making a note of that for future use wink

jason

With great power comes great responsibility

2nd time around - there wont be a third

#6 02-12-05 09:16:07

sue martin
Verified Member
Website

Hi there

Just in the process at this very mo. ,one mortgage on self cert but with a minimum of 15% deposit, another mortgage on self cert buy to let also with a fair deposit, my advice is to find a really good IFA, been with mine for 6 yrs,he takes no charges from me and gets his money from the various banks/insurances etc he sells but isn't tied to anyone so l get really good independent advice,he's also a really nice bloke which makes it a relaxed process as well, don't think that IFA's are just for folk with loads of money, a good one is worth their weight in gold..

Sue

0800 298 8928
http://thebrightredl.com
The Bright Red L
Online Booking App. FREE TRIAL  http://instructorapps.co.uk/

#7 02-12-05 20:42:44

andyconnor
Verified Member

i work part-time in a bank as well as being an ADI.
we only accept personal loan applications from self-employed if supported by previous 3 years of accounts.

#8 02-12-05 20:46:23

sparkle

I got a loan 3 weeks ago from Abbey.

No accounts required at all.

Credit checked-all fine.

thanks Abbey big_smile  had the loan in my bank within 4 days....cool 8)

#9 03-12-05 20:44:54

Ozzie

We got a mortgage with Virgin One account, excellent service. Virgin calculate the interest rate daily, which saves £000s. They offset any savings against the mortgage, and credit card spendings are charged at mortgage rates. They asked for 3 years of accounts and 6 months of bank statements, although they consider your ability to pay, not just income x 3.

We have recently got a personal loan for a conservatory and another for a new bathroom totalling £25k, no accounts required.

I hope that helps someone.

Oz

#10 20-02-06 22:42:02

Hopton
Verified Member

use a broker its worth the money cost me about £300 and he did all the hard work and i only had to talk to him not lots of other people explaining again and again.

Driving me Crazy, and thats just the wife !

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 14-03-06 14:36:13

skiffle
Verified Member
Website

my advice is to find a really good IFA, been with mine for 6 yrs,he takes no charges from me and gets his money from the various banks/insurances etc he sells but isn't tied to anyone so l get really good independent advice,he's also a really nice bloke which makes it a relaxed process as well, don't think that IFA's are just for folk with loads of money, a good one is worth their weight in gold..

Hmm.. just posted another post about this... maybe i should have read the whole section first instead of a quick scan!!

...Where can a person find a good IFA?  (I'm in nottinghamshire...).

Board footer