You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 20-07-04 08:20:01

Gizmotime
Administrator

SKID PAN TRAINING

For anyone who is interested  the Skidpan Training,I have just found this information out,hope it helps.
Obviously you would have to enquire for your own area.

But for the Gtr Manchester area it is

Http://www.malcarcontrol.co.uk

This is the Cradle type training.

Hope this is of some interest to you all.

Regards Gz smile

20-07-04 08:20:01

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: SKID PAN TRAINING

#2 20-07-04 12:31:26

adi
Verified Member
Website

Hi, I have done this but with a different company. Can't say i learned anything i didn't already know, but it was fun to try and put those methods into practice! Things like this are worth doing as an instructor, as it puts you in the driving seat as a 'learner' and quickly reminds us as to what its like to have someone telling you what to do as well as trying to do it!

#3 21-07-04 05:34:21

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hiya
Thanks for that,but what we have to remember is as well,that many of the newly qualified drivers will NOT have ever been in a situation where they skidded,therefore I think it would be beneficial for them to experience it first hand.
OK it's not the real thing so to speak,but as near as damn it  wink

No offence meant :oops:

#4 21-07-04 18:26:21

Liesa

Hiya Giz

I'm in complete agreement with you!

All drivers should take part in this kind of driver training, one day it may save their lives, don't you agree :?:

#5 21-07-04 21:24:26

adi
Verified Member
Website

Have you Liesa?

#6 22-07-04 06:59:01

Liesa

I'm afraid it's one of the things I've never got around to doing :oops:

But I still think we should all take this sort of training at some point in our driving careers, and I do intend to go on one of these courses at some point in the future!

I've driven all be it off road, most catergories of vehicle & found that knowing how they all handle a real benefit, not only to my own driving but also in teaching others to drive as well!

#7 22-07-04 12:33:44

adi
Verified Member
Website

Two years ago i went to a rally driving school, not for one of those 'driving experience' packages but for a full days tuition and drive. It was a turning point for me in the way i instruct. When i was left alone to drive i did quite well putting into practice what i was told and shown. Once i had someone sitting next to me shouting non-stop into my ear "off-turn-kick..............." and a whole host of other instructions i found myself switching off from everything else completely! My steering went to pot because i was trying so hard to think about the little dance i was performing with my feet on the pedals! It really fell into place why pupils do strange things when i am giving instructions. I agree totally with what you say Liesa about us as instructors doing such courses. Not only for the valuable knowledge and experience but also for the little reminder of what it is like to be in the driving seat doing something your not used to but what comes second nature to the instructor. Invaluable.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 23-07-04 20:32:05

Gizmotime
Administrator

Liesa wrote:

Hiya Giz

I'm in complete agreement with you!

All drivers should take part in this kind of driver training, one day it may save their lives, don't you agree :?:

In total agreement with you Liesa,and I for one am going to do it and so is my Daughter,she has never been in a skid situation before she won't know what's hit her wink

I am also paying for her to do the Advance driving course.

Giz

#9 24-07-04 17:02:32

VandADI
Administrator

I went on a skid pan course in February 2003. It was a fantastic experience. It was a two hour course priced at £160, you can have up to four people in the car but if you do, time spend on skidpan will be reduced. My husband and myself went along. The car was a mondeo which is mounted inside a cradle and this can be controlled from within the car by means of a control panel. The cradle can simulate skidding on black ice, rain, snow etc., firstly I drove in a figure of eight style and when I got the hang of that, the instructor gradually simulated various road conditions and taught me how to control the car in these situations.
Be warned, the people/persons in the back could feel a little nauseous due to the extent of the skids. We then finished up with a demonstration of a J turn and how to do one. Thoroughly recommend anyone who can afford to have a go.
Best place to find a skidpan is to contact your local police constabulary as they train all their officers on these pans. It is not an advertised facility but they do hire out their car and pan out to members of the public on an hourly rate. For that you get a police officer who is trained in this field, the car, and the premises for the duration.
Alternatively you could try
www.nationaldrivingcentre.co.uk or
www.greatexperiencedays.co.uk.
Happy skidpanning.

#10 24-07-04 17:46:12

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hi Vanda

Thanks for that,and for the extra links as well,that gives us more to work on wink

#11 10-08-04 07:46:31

mowgli

I'm new to the forum so be gentle eh??

I did that exact course in that very car!!  Its at 3 sisters race track and it was very very good. I did it through my local IAM group at a reduced rate and it was very worthwhile.  HTH

tata

#12 10-08-04 07:50:07

Gizmotime
Administrator

Mowgli
Welcome to the forum first of all.

Glad you shared that with us,If you need to know anything else just shout smile

Regards
Giz

Board footer