You are not logged in.

#1 05-08-04 23:01:32

Spenceruk

Just Passed Part 1 - Part 2 Here I Come!

Just so happy that I wanted to let everyone on this wonderful forum know that I passed my Part 1 test today, at the second attempt!
My first attempt was galling as I got 100% on the Theory and 55/75 on HPT (just 2 marks short).
After some fantastic advice from this very forum I realised where I was going wrong with the HPT - I wasn't clicking enough on every potential hazard as I was too worried about getting zero by 'cheating' (ie. clicking too often).
I threw caution to the wind today and clicked on everything that was even remotely close to being a potential hazard and I ended up with over half the width of the screen covered with flags on every clip. Not once was I accused of 'cheating'!
I got 100% again on the Theory (not as impressive as it sounds because it really is quite straight-forward, IMHO) and 65/75 on the HPT.
Needless to say I am delighted!
Despite passing I still think the HPT is a complete and utter waste of time - I have managed to pass because I worked out what the software required - not because I am any better at hazard perception! My hazard perception didn't improve between the two tests - my knowledge of how to get the right result did!
I feel the place to learn hazard perception is behind the wheel.
Anyway, rant over (!) and I hope my experiences can be of some help to anyone else who is taking their Part 1 test!
Good luck!

05-08-04 23:01:32

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Just Passed Part 1 - Part 2 Here I Come!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 06-08-04 00:06:45

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Well Done and the best of luck for part 2, remember we are here for any advise you may be looking for  smile

#3 06-08-04 08:09:59

Natalie

Well done Spenceruk.  Good luck with Part 2.

Nats

Board footer