You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 23-06-04 14:22:50

Darren

Re: Reversing Round Corners

yeah, i find it can be difficult to get the pin point of when you start to turn the wheel, and getting the car in a straight line after, quite chalenging. My driving instructor told me to look in the small reer window at the left seat, and use that as a guide. he said, when you see the kerb corner, stop, do another all over check, move and turn the wheel. It seems to work, although the end of it isnt always good, ie ending up in the middle of the road :cry:  remember to turn in to the corner. You might feel it easier to put L and R on your hands so you know which way your steering. big_smile

23-06-04 14:22:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Re: Reversing Round Corners

#2 04-08-04 15:30:25

foilerist
Verified Member
Website

Re: Re: Reversing Round Corners

this reply is probably mucho late for you, but you never know.  I find that when reversing to the left it's a good idea to know where the rear wheel is (usually directly behind the back seat) and line this up with the first curved kerb stone. 

I've found that this generally lines up visually (as you look through the window), with the top line of the back seat on sharp left turns and a little higher on sweeping left corners.  From this point on a sharp turn you would use full left lock to bring the car around the corner and then the straight kerb in the new road will reappear in the rear window.  When your near parallel with the new road the kerb will appear approximately in the centre of the rear windscreen,you then straighten the road wheels and continue on for long enough to enable you to get the car into a good position for turning right out of the road you reversed into. 

For sweeping corners point of turn is higher in the quarterlight window (on my car, a clio, its about a third of the way up), for the first section of corner i try and keep the kerb at this point, steering just enough to the left to keep it there.  If it travels too far down the window and along towards the front of the car you are going too wide from the kerb. from then on its pretty similar to the sharp left reverse i.e. wait until the kerb reappears in the rear window and nears the centre of the rear windscreen and straighten the road wheels continue on until you get in a good position to let you turn right out of the road.

a bit long winded and its easier to do than to say, hope you have mastered it by now but if not hope this helps. :shock:   roll

Board footer