You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 07-07-05 21:30:28

kevdyas
Verified Member
Website

Number Plates - Removing

I keep having problems with things sticky at the moment!
The rear number plate on my car is stuck on with pad things - does anyone have any tips on how to remove them? I would stick my new plate over the top BUT im a stinge and dont want to have to buy another set of plates to put on when I move my plate when I get a new car!

Thanks
Kevin.

DSA Approved Driving Instructor (Car)
Drive iQ Pro Coach
IAM Senior Observer/DIAmond Advanced Motorist/RoSPA - Gold
www.wheelsbydrivingschool.com

07-07-05 21:30:28

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Number Plates - Removing

#2 10-07-05 14:13:06

Dundeeguy
Verified Member

Try a hair dryer or a hot air gun from a distance. If that fails then use thinners

#3 10-07-05 22:27:17

Mmm

Not quite sure what you mean but if the pads are behind the plate then hot water poured down there might be quite effective at softening them up. Or just pull as hard as you can?!

#4 11-07-05 21:13:27

Dundeeguy
Verified Member

Sorry, I misread your post. I just assumed you had the number plate off. Since you have new plates just pull hard till it comes  wink  Then just remove the remains of the pads with thinners or hot air gun

#5 02-09-05 11:48:26

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Never heard of stick-on number plates - all ours are screwed on. Its fits in with the authorities who supply the plates, they're always scewing us anyway.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 02-09-05 17:16:51

Dundeeguy
Verified Member

Zipper wrote:

Never heard of stick-on number plates

They ain't stick on plates, just normal No. plates with double sided pads on them.

When I worked with Nissan we were made to stick the rear plates on so we didn't cause any corrosion by using screws!

Quite a few people stick them on as it looks better  8)

#7 09-10-05 22:09:10

tuneman
Verified Member

Mine are fastened on with sticky pads Or were untill one morin i got up went outside and found my back number plate had come unstuck and was on the road, Lucky 4me it was outside my house.

Now ive screwed then on with those little plastic screws from halfords and i painted the inside screw holes first to try and prevent any rust -later on.

Mike  smile

#8 18-11-05 19:03:03

asimpsonlowe

mine are all stuck on with little sticky pad things, never had one come off  yet, but have struggled removing them, a good hard yank  pulling both ends at the same time (hope that makes sense)

Andi

1.gif

Board footer