You are not logged in.

#1 17-11-05 16:14:41

fern

Passed, finally!

Hi all,

I passed my test yesterday morning - 8 tests and 13 years after first getting my provisional licence!

The difference this time was definately just more confidence. I didn't know that I'd pass the test but knowing I really could drive safely (not just faking it for the test) made the nerves so much more manageable. I felt very calm throughout, even during the dreaded parallel park, which I messed up at first but managed to stop the car, take a deep breath, apologise and start again - doing it perfectly! It all went really well and the instructor was lovely, despite being the same one who shouted at me five years ago when I drove onto tram lines!

Anyway, it went very smoothly. I got 5 minors - three for looking in the mirror whilst, and not before, signalling - one for the 1st parallel park attempt and one for being a bit hasty with the footbrake at a red light!

It actually felt a bit anti-climactic in the end, so much less of a big deal than previous tests, but it was a brilliant feeling to know I won't have to do it again!

I am very relieved and very happy. I haven't posted on the forum much but have lurked a lot in the the last four months and it's been great to hear other people's stories. It been good to know I wasn't on my own!

So anyway, I rushed home to drive my wee Rover Metro - and the starter motor went! Should be on the road by the weekend.

Phew!

17-11-05 16:14:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Passed, finally!

#2 17-11-05 16:28:39

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

well done - thats fantastic news.

Bet you'll appreciate that full licence hun lol enjoy it to the maximum lol  lol

Gemma
1st practical - 29/07/2005 4s 9m   2nd practical - 17/08/2005 1s 10m
3rd Practical - 8/09/2005 3s 6m  4th Practical - 12/10/2005 4 minor!!!
Pass Plus - Completed 4th Dec  Drives R reg Fiesta Chicane 2005-2009
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.
Now got my ZoomZoom 60 Mazda2 Sport.

#3 17-11-05 19:00:42

sammie

Wel done i'm so pleased for you big_smile  big_smile

Idid it smile if i can anyone can

#4 17-11-05 19:47:35

Lisajb21

Wow fern well done...i bet you are over the moon  lol
Hope you celebrate in style this week-end  wink

#5 17-11-05 23:47:28

luchell

fantastic well done lol

#6 18-11-05 21:19:34

Georgia

Excellent news - well done.

#7 19-11-05 00:39:47

jonks

Congrats!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#8 20-11-05 20:37:48

DrivenMad
Website

Congrats on passing-bet youre over the moon smile

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5972/iconexclaimhm6.gif[/img][/URL] www.sleepinggirls.co.uk - for girls AND boys!!

#9 21-11-05 10:50:41

SusiQ

well done fern, you are an inspiration to others to keep trying! CONGRATULATIUONS!!!!!!!!! big_smile

#10 30-11-05 21:45:13

ivor-biggin

Brilliant. Such determination. Role model material i reckon

Theory passed 21/12/2005 34/35  63/75
Practical passed 2/5/2006 1st time  7 minors

Dreams CAN come true !!!!

Board footer