You are not logged in.

#1 16-11-05 07:01:41

aled

its scary scary very very scary

i have just been told my first cust has been booked in thing is i start on pink on 28th nov and the following week i have been given a week long intensive course their test is booked for the 12th dec. the school have told me there is another trainee who has allready started with them who is not as experianced as me. help ive never tought any one before. so scared i will mess up. good to have a school who has confidance with me i guess

16-11-05 07:01:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: its scary scary very very scary

#2 16-11-05 10:34:33

markA.d.I

Hi Aled, my first job was an intensive week course, nightmare i thought, but turned out great .... you will be amazed how quick someone can pick it up when under a little bit of pressure!

You have to work fast and methodically, plan what you need to have achieved by the end of each day!

Not a fan of intensives, you are foreced to teach to pass and not for  life, do not do them now, unless am strapped for cash/work!.

enjoy it and best of luck

Ps find yourself a few coffee bars. mac d's that are easy to park in for a complete beginner... places with good loo's!!!

#3 16-11-05 22:45:44

aled

thanks mark i just want to get started just wish i had a bit more time to make to mistakes on some one else first the advice on loos ect will be very helpful

#4 17-11-05 16:13:12

cat
Verified Member

now how u feel aled i have been on pink for 5 weeks now and sometimes i am still full of butterflies before a lesson.  my advice is take it as it comes one step at a time.  remember they no little about the subject that u are so knowledgeable about ( driving) so keep your cool and stay focused on what you have been told on your intense course. remember if they make a serious fault first tell them , then park and q & a on why it happened then put a remedy into place with guided then prompted then independent instructions.  always remember to get agreement about fault then get agreement that the learner is happy to move to other instructions before you do hope you enjoy your pink liciense.  dont do too many hours as you still need to focus on part 3 and get lots of training in for the exam.  remember learning first the you can earn once you have your green liciense.  good luck i have my part 3 on 18 january cath

Black Cat Driving School

catherine685@btinternet.com

#5 17-11-05 18:46:27

markA.d.I

Something i forgot to mention aled,

When you first meet, explain that intensive courses are normally sold on the understanding (by my franchise i add!) that the pupil has had experience, ammount of hours needed depends upon experience.

I would also run through your rules, if the standard is not achieved in your opinion for the test that you reserve the right to refuse use of the car on test .... i make that very clear.

If at the end of the course they are not up to the standard i would sugest a thorough mock test, let them get in a mess .... then ask "do you think you are ready?"   9 x out of 10 they will say no if it went bad for them!

Had to do this once with an intensive, best to state all the facts at the beginning, when i do this my franchise should allready have explained this to them before taking there hard earned money and selling the course.

good luck

#6 17-11-05 21:08:26

aled

good luck with the part 3 cath not to bothered bout the actual teaching its the intensive week course i have to teach thats bothering me would perfer a bit more of a gentle introduction but im looking forward to it

thanks for that mark i was thinking of getting the partner of the driving school to take him out on the 4th day for an hour or so to check any thing i may have missed this way i would still have a couple of days to sort it out do you think that would be a good idea

#7 17-11-05 22:26:47

leeadi
Website

Hi there, I remember my first pup, it was an intensive course, and they passed, it was a great confidence boost it made me feel I could do the job BUT....I was terrified.  Head down, chin up and give it all you've got!  You're training will all  be put to the test now.  Sometimes being thrown in at the deep end is best, you'll be fine!!

Good luck, and remember, there are always people here who will give any advice you need!

Lee

Lee

#8 18-11-05 08:32:05

markA.d.I

Top idea aled. it always amazes me the little things you can miss sometimes, especially if you get on well with a student ....known as the halo effect i think!

good luck again!

Board footer