You are not logged in.

#1 08-07-04 16:17:50

Paul

part 3 ..." where to start !!"

Hi all,
I`m about to sart my part 3 studying .........well i`d like to   roll so far my training hasn`t been been that good, i `m not going to go in to that to much i`d sooner put it to one side and move on  wink but the thing is that now i`ve got to do my part 3, i don`t know what to start studying and how, i`ve been and got the Driving instructor`s handbook as someone said it was good, but call me thik if you like but i can`t seem to get my head round it  :?

Can any of you good people tell a thik-o what to study and what i should get THAT IS GOOD STUFF to help, the collage that i`m with say`s the studying pack they give out should get me though it, "thats two small A4 booklets !", but thats not what  myself and other people doing the training there are saying, so i feel i need to ask for help outside the collage, can you help i`m beginning to think i`ve gone thik in my old age  lol

08-07-04 16:17:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: part 3 ..." where to start !!"

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 09-07-04 05:45:37

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

A good start for you would be to go to the following website and buy a book called "core-competencies made easy"  It costs £20 and its a ery good and helpful book, not only for part3 but also check tests and general teaching!
www.instructor-training.co.uk
he also offers other forms of training materials to become an instructor, but i think if i had bought book earlier i wouldn't have taken 3 attempts.

Also as an LDC instructor, i found their teaching videos very good, and i'm sure that you could get hold of them too, if you go to the website.  www.learnerdriving.com and click on the link to become an instructor.

All the best and good luck
robbie

#3 09-07-04 07:50:40

Paul

Thanks for your reply robbie i`ll have a look at that.
You say it took you three attempts to pass, did you do all your training with the same school ? and if i could ask you how long did it take to pass?

#4 09-07-04 20:49:40

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Hi Paul

www.smartdriving.co.uk might be worth a look.

I trained with Acclaim and took a year to qualify from start to finish (one attempt at parts one and two second attempt for part three).

I did go on a trainee licence, took private training and studied the tapes Robbie talked about at 4 in the morning until I could drive round Pontefract blindfolded :? . certainly worked for me.  My only regret was selling the things on in work then bidding for and getting another set on eBay as I thought they would help with check tests, they did, got a 5.

Work hard, take training and if you are committed to being an Instructor you will be, if you fail you can always become an Examiner wink

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#5 10-07-04 06:23:48

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I did all my training with LDC, and the same trainer all the way through, but i only saw him once a month, and had to travel to wolves or dudley to see him!

I started my actual training in aug 02, took part1 in nov 02, part2 in feb 03, then parts 3  Jul 03, oct 03, apr 04.
I also had extra free training in between each part3 and was on a pink from july 03- apr 04 although i didnt get renewal i was still allowed to continue on appeal!

#6 26-07-04 19:57:00

yellowandblack

Hi,

I agree with Robbie, Brian Stratton at Instructor Publications saved my Part III, he is PDI2ADI GOD..I had areally worthwhile day with him, and have his core competency book as well , and still use it to this day...

Mark..

#7 26-07-04 21:22:37

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Hi Paul

One thing you could start with is learning all the PST'S (Pre-Set Test) This is what i was told a few years back for my training and i couldn't tell you how much of a help it was when i started my part 3 training.

IE ; PST Number 3 Partly trained - turn in the road.

Briefing on turn in the road
Co-ordination of controls
Observation
Accuracy

If you learn to remember what is in each PST then you will know what to cover for each topic.

Good luck with your training

Nigel

#8 05-08-04 18:32:17

Lynne
Verified Member

Hi

I also bought the Brian Stratton Pt 3 CD sets after I failed Pt 3 twice.  I used them and the Driving Instructors Handbook and pulled myself up from a 4/3 to 5/4. 

Have a look on Ebay to see if any are up for auction. 

A big tip:  Look at the PSTs (in the Driv. Ins. Handbook) and see what the examiner is going to mark you on.  Then Highlight these sections in your lesson plans.  That way you won't forget to cover the item.  That's how I remembered to cover all the main points.

I went out with a good trainer from BSM but nerves really let me down.  So find a good trainer to go out with regularly so you can practice fault finding and remedial action!

Good luck!
Lynne

#9 12-08-04 06:56:38

Paul

Thank you all for your replys,
I`ve now got hold of the blueprint cd`s and i`m working though them, i`m also going though the instructors handbook and trying to get my head round the pre-set tests, i`ve also got myself an instructor that i feel would like to see me become a driving instructor, not like the collage i was at, they just wanted my cash  :x
once again thanks for your help, i`ll let you know how things go   wink

Board footer