You are not logged in.

#1 11-11-05 22:05:25

hampshirebabe
Verified Member

money question

Can anyone tell me what records are needed when a self employed driving instructor applies for a motgage. when I was employed it was 3 months bank statements and wage slips. would they want to see my finacial (tax) accounts? I often pay for my petrol and shopping in cash, so my bank account doesn't always show how much I actualy make.

11-11-05 22:05:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: money question

#2 11-11-05 22:07:05

sparkle

When i applied for the mortgage this year they didnt wanna see a thing :shock:  maybe becasue i been with them for 3 years already...but they 'took my word for it'..this was Halifax.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 11-11-05 22:12:05

Orcharddrive
Verified Member
Website

If you go for a self-certificated mortgage they don't need any proof. I got my mortgage from someone who advertises in Driving Instructor newspaper (DIA). The actual lender was Bank of Scotland and it was a special deal for driving instructors. Shop around for a self-cert.

Visit www.instructor.org.uk for free help and training guides on becoming a driving instructor.

#4 11-11-05 23:29:04

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

When i went for one, they asked for 2 years of accounts.

however i was in a fortunate position of having a good deposit, i think thats why i got away with it?

#5 13-11-05 21:16:28

pj
Verified Member

Used to be a mortgage advisor so if things haven't changed too much if you have 15% or 20% deposit you didn't have to show proof of earnings, god it amazing how quick you forget things, my advice would be to use a mortgage broker who gets their commission from the lender and not you and let them do all the leg work for you, they will bite your hand off for your buisness.

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#6 14-11-05 08:16:01

Ozzie

I had to show 3 years of certified accounts, and 6 months of business accounts. As I am self=employed and the breadwinner, I was shunned by several building societies, but got a great service from Virgin One Account.

Oz

#7 16-11-05 00:57:41

bandb666
Verified Member

3 years certified accounts to get best deals, but can get mortgage with less

32228867b788f001d0578227977f51516cfb185f8a8b5a90a373e985.jpg

Board footer