You are not logged in.

#1 31-10-05 18:31:22

jd_1981

Pink licence...

I am just after some advice of you helpful lot about the Pink Licence.

I passed my part 2 last week and as i trained for part 3 back in July on a 2 week intensive course and have done over 40 hours training i am entitled to go for a Pink Licence.

I have till January to start the licence and cant decide whether to start now or in January when i have been told by an instructor that it goes dead around this time of year and of course the bad weather is going to be bad.

My question is to anyone that did go on a Pink licence and could share there experiences with me to help me decide if this is a good route to take.

I have been offered work with a guy who has his own business, he said that he would only charge me 40 pounds a week for getting me work. I have a new car which i want to dual control and use that so i wont have any more outgoings other than tax of course..

Look forward to hearing from you.   big_smile

31-10-05 18:31:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Pink licence...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 31-10-05 19:18:31

Lisajb21

jd_1981 wrote:

I have been offered work with a guy who has his own business, he said that he would only charge me 40 pounds a week for getting me work. I have a new car which i want to dual control and use that so i wont have any more outgoings other than tax of course..

Look forward to hearing from you.   big_smile

Hi jd.....thats a great fee to go on a pink with...i will be paying £120 per week when i start on my pink ! I to am a little worried as xmas around the corner etc & have heard it does get a little quiet,but have took the gamble. But i am going on a pink for more confidence not to earn a living at the moment...at £40 a week i would say go for it if you think it will help your training towards getting that green badge  wink

#3 31-10-05 19:36:03

Crane
Verified Member
Website

Hi jd_1981!

I started in September on a pink licence, paying a little less than you will be, mainly because I won't be doing many hours.  I was quite scared to start with, wondering if I could afford it (have a lease car!).  Luckily my son is at the right age and knows a few people who wanted to drive.   If you can afford to pay £40/week and only have one or two lessons,  go for it. Eventually it will pick up.  It gives you lots of time to look through books.    smile
What does you trainer think? Sometimes it depends who you know, to pick up on lessons. 

Good luck! smile

I'm sure you can do it,too!

#4 31-10-05 21:21:23

Airmiles

Why go the 'pink' route ???

Why not study hard and go straight for 'green' ???

Would you let your sons and daughters go to:

1. a trainee dentist when he was not being supervised ?

2. a trainee brain surgeon for major op without constant supervision ?

3. Spain with only an unsupervised trainee pilot at the controls of the airbus?

Would you expect them to pay for all that non-supervision  :?:

You would   :!:  :!:  :!: ............oh my gawd  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

#5 31-10-05 21:31:08

markA.d.I

Hi, i trained on a pink and found it an excellent way of preparing/training for the part 3, some people love it, some hate it.

The pink route is fine as long as you use it to further your training, its not about earning money!. unfotunately the system has been abused in the past ..... so thats why some are against.

Like airmiles said you could go straight for the big one, but for me i wanted as much preparation and practice as i could get, so i took the pink route and nailed the part 3 1st attempt.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 31-10-05 21:34:30

Alibran

Airmiles wrote:

You would   :!:  :!:  :!: ............oh my gawd  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Well, we're hardly brain surgeons, or pilots for that matter, and as for dentists ...... I don't go near them, trained or otherwise, and certainly wouldn't presume to advise anyone else there.

As for the trainee licence.  It's been good for me.  And my pupils seem quite happy too.

#7 31-10-05 21:43:07

estate.

Alibran wrote:
Airmiles wrote:

ever heard of the mister men............airmiles would make a great mr HAPPY!! wink

#8 31-10-05 21:49:57

mags
Verified Member

Hi jd 1981 i am on a pink licence and to be honest with you i would never have been able to get this far without it, and that fee i would snap their hand off for it i pay 250 pound per week,  :shock: and i know some schools charge more. :shock:
but listen to the advice above dont use it for making money, use it as a training tool
Because i am certainly not making very much money at the moment, but im as happy as a pig in s***t, because i enjoy this job soooo much.
Mags big_smile  big_smile

#9 31-10-05 21:53:55

Django

mags wrote:

but im as happy as a pig in s***t, because i enjoy this job soooo much.

Glad to hear it Mags wink

Good post as well. Training tool not your primary income. Spot on.

#10 31-10-05 21:58:21

markA.d.I

Airmiles was born an instructor!

no toys, i think as a child he had bedtime stories from the highway code.

by the age of 10, he had mastered the essential skills!.

He does not seem to like people who wish to learn how to be an adi, infact i bet his poo doesnt stink!.

He knows his stuff, no doubt of that, how ever the way he phrases things and often takes an agressive stance does not endeer himself to anyone.

Shame because i think i/we could learn a lot from him if he helped instead of $$//@ at everyone :twisted:

#11 31-10-05 22:04:18

estate.

markA.d.I wrote:

He does not seem to like people who wish to learn how to be an adi, infact i bet his poo doesnt stink!.

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

#12 31-10-05 22:08:36

Lisajb21

markA.d.I wrote:

He knows his stuff, no doubt of that, how ever the way he phrases things and often takes an agressive stance does not endeer himself to anyone.

Shame because i think i/we could learn a lot from him if he helped instead of $$//@ at everyone :twisted:

PMSL !!!

#13 31-10-05 22:13:43

Django

Airmiles wrote:

I went straight for the green. So there I was fully qualified and never been in a car with a non driver before. I didn't have the option of a pink wish I had I could have then been not only qualified but experienced as well. wink

#14 01-11-05 18:10:33

jd_1981

Well i always say practice makes perfect. So i am definetly going for the Pink licence, it just makes sense to me.

I could read all about how to become an ADI and watch DVDs etc but dont think that compares to actually being out there teaching!!

Not going to start till early January though, in the time leading up to that i will teach friends and family untill then.

Going to look on Ebay as i have heard you can get a real bargain.  wink

#15 01-11-05 18:19:29

Lisajb21

Good for you jd... wink
You are right...i have countless dvd's,briefings on cd's etc & they are nothing compared to actually getting out there & doing it yourself, they do help but you need to put it into practice then   wink

#16 01-11-05 18:33:17

markA.d.I

Go for it, enjoy it, most of all learn from it !!
Good luck!

#17 02-11-05 23:08:09

Curtin
Verified Member
Website

Do you really need a trainee licence? Good trainining will get results.
My last trainee achieved a grade 5 and a 6 and my previous one the week before two grade 5's neither had a trainee licence.

Best of luck

John Curtin ORDIT Principal/Trainer

Roadcraft Plymouth

www.roadcraft.net

#18 03-11-05 00:25:11

Airmiles

As Curtin says, ''''''' good training will get results. '''''''''''

And then as a qualified driving instructor there will be no feeling of guilt when taking money from the customers  big_smile

#19 03-11-05 06:51:34

sparkle

If only we all had the out of this world training Airmiles had, the world would be a better place

wink

Board footer