You are not logged in.

#1 29-08-04 15:10:52

jonks

Peugeot 206

Do you use a Peugeot 206?

If so, tell us what you think about the car...

Pro's and cons of using the car for instruction.

What model do you use? (Eg. 1.4 Diesel)

How much does it cost to run?

29-08-04 15:10:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Peugeot 206

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 25-09-04 23:23:56

Russ
Verified Member
Website

Pug 206 1.4 D
Leased from Robinsons. (2nd user0
Ok nothing special.
47 mpg (got 64mgp on m-way on a private run to Norwich)
Constant problem with Right indicator returns over to left (done temp repair as will be serviced next 2 weeks)
Seating gets a bit firm after 4-5hrs.
Gears a bit clunky.
Due to springy gear selector in neutrel, beginers have difficulty 1-2nd end up 1-4.
High biting point on clutch.
Cant fault Diesel good response in 1, 2, 3, will move on duel carriage way at legal limit no problem, power is there where you need.
Have'nt driven a car below 2L in last 20 years since starting as PDI.
Russ

#3 24-10-05 10:44:10

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Pupil up for test tomorrow, intending to go in his wife's 206cc.

I told him on Friday's lesson that there was still no confirmation from on high as to whether or not it is banned but to phone and check.

They asked him to bring the car up to the test centre today which he has just done to be told that the car is unsuitable due to the thick panels either side of the rear window, restricting examiner visability, and lack of room for a supervisor, therefore the examiners will refuse to conduct a test in such a vehicle.

I would emphasise that this ruling applies to Northern Ireland test centres, but no doubt will apply across the water as soon as the memo hits the mat.

It is being raised at the Greater Belfast Driving Instructors Association meeting tonight.

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#4 24-10-05 18:03:12

taurus
Verified Member

Hi

An instructor in my area has one!   

contacted DSA before the car was purchased, and AFAIK was given the OK.

Is this again the Left hand not knowing what the Right hand is doing!!!!

taurus

#5 24-10-05 18:07:41

taurus
Verified Member

Hi

An instructor in my area has one!   

contacted DSA before the car was purchased, and AFAIK was given the OK.

Is this again the Left hand not knowing what the Right hand is doing!!!!

taurus

#6 24-10-05 19:10:01

TDC
Verified Member

think this has been the case with this model car for a while, i can rememebr reading it somewhere. Mind you DSA told me the smartcar was no go but others have it

Im so good its unbelievable

#7 24-10-05 21:07:18

Rookie
Website

Listen

The peugeot 206 pre 2002 was called back due to a SERIOUS braking prob. The brakes could fail. NOW the call backs were issued a certificate.

In Southampton test centre (maybe others in uk?) pre 206 MUST have this paperwork OR not be able to sit a test..

I see this on Friday at TC...  :cry:

"Look at the whole picture before you judge". "Judge oneself before you judge the Judger"..... The Rookster.Nov 05

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 27-10-05 19:11:27

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi BoE

I have been looking at pictures of the 206cc and find this puzzling as it doesn't have big rear quarter pillars, in fact they are smaller than those on a Polo.

http://www.luxdesign.hu/rebuilding/imag … 206cc1.jpg

http://foto.spullenbank.nl/common/img/0 … T30620.jpg

I'm wondering if it was actually refused because of a lack of certificate for the recall.

Vehicle Model: Peugeot 206
COB reference number: 30/03
Issue Date: 11/12/2003
Vehicles affected: All Peugeot 206 models (excluding the Station Wagon (SW) model) manufactured before February 2002 (02 or earlier registration)
Problem: Faulty brake linkage
Action: This vehicle is not suitable for a driving test unless the candidate can provide documentary evidence that the recall work has been carried out by the vehicle dealer.

What sort of age is it?

#9 28-10-05 20:15:54

Alibran

I considered a 206cc as a tuition car for a while (haven't totally ruled it out yet), and when I took it out for test drive, I was very happy with the visibility in every direction.  I even got the salesman to drive it while I sat in the passenger seat and "instructed" him.  Visibility from that side was great too - at least as good as any other car I've driven with the roof up, and obviously much better with the roof down.  I asked one of the examiners at our local test centre about it, and he said he was pretty sure it was on the "banned" list because the rear head restraints caused poor visibility.  From looking at the pictures, I have to ask "what rear head restraints?"  I can't see any in any picture I've looked at.

I really like the car, and I think it would be great for attracting pupils, but I'm hesitant to get one when one of our local examiners obviously doesn't like them.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 28-10-05 20:41:01

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi Alibran
http://www.periuganda.dk/Billeder/Fælle … 06_IMG.JPG

I have to ask "what rear head restraints?" I can't see any in any picture I've looked at.

They don't look very big to me, not like the ones in the Mini cabriolet.

#11 28-10-05 21:43:10

ExAdiNigel

Bull on edge wrote:

Pupil up for test tomorrow, intending to go in his wife's 206cc.

I told him on Friday's lesson that there was still no confirmation from on high as to whether or not it is banned but to phone and check.

They asked him to bring the car up to the test centre today which he has just done to be told that the car is unsuitable due to the thick panels either side of the rear window, restricting examiner visability, and lack of room for a supervisor, therefore the examiners will refuse to conduct a test in such a vehicle.

A car for test doesn't have to have room for a supervisor.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#12 29-10-05 11:21:55

VandADI
Administrator

Back page of MSA's Newslink, Peugeot advertising  206 and 307, both soft tops, special instructor deals comes with He-Man dual controls  :?

#13 30-10-05 18:04:31

Alibran

pegasus wrote:

Hi Alibran
http://www.periuganda.dk/Billeder/Fælle … 06_IMG.JPG

I have to ask "what rear head restraints?" I can't see any in any picture I've looked at.

They don't look very big to me, not like the ones in the Mini cabriolet.

Do you mean those little round things?  Apparently they are "rear safety roll arches" (according to Peugeot website).  I assume they're to take the weight of the car and help prevent the occupants from being crushed if the car rolls.  My point was that there aren't any rear head restraints.

#14 30-10-05 20:19:54

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi

There has to be some, it is an offence to sell new cars without nowadays but they are very small and dont showup and block the rear view from what I have seen when following one of these.

#15 30-10-05 21:03:49

Lexy
Verified Member
Website

pegasus wrote:

Hi

There has to be some, it is an offence to sell new cars without nowadays but they are very small and dont showup and block the rear view from what I have seen when following one of these.

Could you clarify for me... do you mean it is an offence to sell a new car with no rear head-restraints?

#16 30-10-05 22:58:41

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
Negative, the rule applies to front seats. but is this not a 2 seater, with a shelf for 2 small someones to perch on in the back and the roll bars do the job rear headrestraints do in other cars

#17 31-10-05 13:53:20

Lexy
Verified Member
Website

pegasus wrote:

Hi
Negative, the rule applies to front seats. but is this not a 2 seater, with a shelf for 2 small someones to perch on in the back and the roll bars do the job rear headrestraints do in other cars

Hi,

Thanks for clearing that up for me big_smile . I was aware that front head-restraints were a legal requirement... but having just purchased a '55 plate Clio without rear head-restraints, I am happy to have clarification that my car is not illegally equipped.

Thanks again.

#18 01-11-05 13:08:46

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Called with dealer to organise new car and he informed me thet the 206cc and 307cc have been withdrawn from his ADI offers.

A Lucy O' Keeffe from Peugeot Contract Hire wrote to me confirming that, owing to others having had the same problem with these vehicles on test a couple of months back they have now been withdrawn from the ADI deal.

Though DIA and MSA still have the vehicles advertised in this months magazines  :?

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#19 18-06-06 14:29:01

jonks

Peugeot 206

If you use, or have used this kind of car for driving instruction, please tell us what you think of it as training car.

#20 18-06-06 16:00:06

pj
Verified Member

I actually had a test drive in the sport model and I did love it, only thing that put me off was the spacesaver tyre (got a full size in my fiesta) and changing a bulb was too fiddly for me. Was very tempted to buy but I think I will always be a fiesta girlie.

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#21 23-06-06 22:29:23

Russ
Verified Member
Website

Had 1 when on pink, loks reasonable hated it.
poor seating, headroom, no room in footwell, 3 door pillar in way, up turned side window reduced vision, poor electrics ahd indicator replaced twice in 6 months.

good economy from diesel only good point to respond to.

russ

#22 23-06-06 23:12:37

johnp
Verified Member

I was teaching a lad in a Motability 206. 
At the beginning of each lesson we had to go to the main dealers to get a new indicator switch ordered. I gave up after 3.  Don't know if it was the adaptations but it clicked from Lto R without stopping and R to L. Very dangerous.

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

#23 25-06-06 21:34:31

Russ
Verified Member
Website

That was the problem i had with lease 206. apparentlya known fault!
russ

#24 27-06-06 10:20:17

1stdrive

Have had one for the last 15 months and am finally changing next week.

Overall it's not been too bad but a few common faults that keep occurring. Clock L.E.D. light went after a few months and the replacement did the same, indicator switches last around a week, I've given up now they just have to cancel it when it clicks the other way. The main problem was the seats. They are very uncomfortable to sit on for long periods and have resulted in me having regular back pain at the end of a working day.

Not a bad car but not built for this job, roll on next friday  big_smile

#25 03-09-06 17:38:00

hector
Verified Member
Website

Not a bad car  :)but not built for this job, roll on next friday 

Be honest 1st drive it is a very bad car in every way. big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

I had one for two weeks.Hence my hate of everything peugeot, and in fact everything french,all of the above faults and more plus such a horrible seating position anyone over 6 ft just couldnt drive the thing.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Board footer