You are not logged in.

#1 26-10-05 19:11:21

sarita

failed 1st practical 2day

cause of failiure.....
NERVES!
how can you take control of your nerves on your test?
do you get more confident at your 2nd test?
need advice before my next test.
i failed on STEERING in cornerreverse(went over the curb)
..............OBSERVATION  ona 3pnt turn
..............and on corner reverse all together.
these mistakes never hapend in my lessons
help!

26-10-05 19:11:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: failed 1st practical 2day

#2 26-10-05 19:19:56

SusiQ

I was so nervous on my first test that i felt i did everything wrong. The more errors i made the worse i felt, the worse i felt the more errors i made. I even forgot to breath when doing the bay park  roll
Second test was so much better because i knew what to expect from it, and i knew what my weak points had been and had the chance to work on them.
Use the first test as a learning curve....an different type of lesson and DONT give yourself a hard time for not getting it this time.
All the best with you for getting another test soon and sailing through it wink

#3 26-10-05 19:22:34

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

I've been through the nerves etc hun, (see sig, lol).

The second attempt feels better as it isn't unknown anymore - therefore less nerves, i wouldn't say theyu completely disappear but some nerves can be good. They can help in a small amount help you focus, get some adrenaline gojng. But i can see how major nerves are bad - i've experianced it too.

One thing i found helped was going over exacly what i failed on - not until my ADI was happy (he knew i knew how to do it), but until I was happy wink Practice things you don't feel confident on. Gaining confidence will help you overcome nerves wink Mistakes like you say - you don't normally make. Nerves wouldn't have helped you think - they can do funny things to us wink But practice TIR and RRC till you are confident and happy with them and then you'll be more relaxed with them should you get given them again big_smile

If you get really bad nerves i found this stuff called Rescue remedy helped me calm down a bit. Doesn't totally eliminate nerves but it helped me, its recommended by many peeps for driving tests. Its a herbal stuff that goes on tongue wink Have a lookie round and its mentioned all over place

and remeber next time - if u make a mistake don't dwell on it as it could only be a minor. if u dwell on it - you could make a serious hun wink

Gemma
1st practical - 29/07/2005 4s 9m   2nd practical - 17/08/2005 1s 10m
3rd Practical - 8/09/2005 3s 6m  4th Practical - 12/10/2005 4 minor!!!
Pass Plus - Completed 4th Dec  Drives R reg Fiesta Chicane 2005-2009
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.
Now got my ZoomZoom 60 Mazda2 Sport.

#4 26-10-05 19:53:45

WOOF

Failed 1st time in September 1981 on undue hesitancy. Bitterly dissapointed but the right decision.  sad

Passed 2nd time on 9th November 1981. Knew I had driven really well but nearly blew it when he started asking the highway code questions at the end of the test. My mind went blank! Luckily for me he helped me a bit and I passed.  smile

9/11/81 is the 2nd proudest day of my life. The day my son was born being the best!

Sad ain't I :?:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 26-10-05 20:01:04

SusiQ

WOOF wrote:

9/11/81 is the 2nd proudest day of my life. The day my son was born being the best!

Sad ain't I :?:

not at all, nice to see another human with a heart  wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 26-10-05 20:09:31

sarita

thnx 4 suport.nice 2 know im not the only 1 who felt lyk this

SusiQ wrote:

I was so nervous on my first test that i felt i did everything wrong. The more errors i made the worse i felt, the worse i felt the more errors i made. I even forgot to breath when doing the bay park  roll
it wink

....thats just wot happend.i couldnt even answer the bonnet questions.and i hesitated foe 2minuites getin out of the dsa car park.after i knew i had failed i gave up... i know i shudnt hav but i just started daydreaming.
the test wasnt even that hard, if i wasnt nervous and if i concentrated i might hav passed. maybee i was still  half a sleepp... my test was at the worst possible tym in the mornin rush hour.

#7 26-10-05 20:19:12

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

what time is the next one at????

If this one was a really early one - then well - half asleep lol  lol You sound like you know where you went wrong which is good as the next one will be sooo much better. You'll do it hun wink

Gemma
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.

#8 26-10-05 20:59:10

sarita

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH! wrote:

what time is the next one at????

If this one was a really early one - then well - half asleep lol  lol You sound like you know where you went wrong which is good as the next one will be sooo much better. You'll do it hun wink

havent booked it yet. will do this week. uve had that many in 1 year? it takes about 3months just 2 get a place(your sig)

#9 26-10-05 21:03:41

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

yes all since july - but mine was pure sheer nerves too  lol Susi Q gave ya some good advice, she is good at giving it so take it with both hands lol she helped me a lot with getting through mine big_smile

i was slightly lucky my nearst TC was my first test that started at having a 10week wait which is now 7weeks. But for my 2nd, 3rd and 4th tests i changed TC as i hated the first one plus it had a shorter wait list of 5weeks, but i was lucky and managed to get some cancellations lol  lol so yes - it is possible to do 4 tests in 4months and conquer it lol

What time was the test you just took at???? Maybe try and get the time -slot after that so you more awake. Personally i found mornings were better (passed on a 9:37 slot) as you have less time to get nervous - you can kinda just get up and go without giving nerves all day to build up lol

Gemma
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.

#10 26-10-05 21:23:12

sarita

mine was at 8.40 and i had a leson b 4 it aswell.

#11 26-10-05 21:28:56

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

ah yeah - up realllly early then lol

i'd say try if you can for a 9:37 or a 10:44 i've done both these time slots. Finding the 9:37 best (passed on it) as they just don't leave enough time for nerves to really kick in as much as if waiting for a late one wink But still gives enough time for an hour practice just before test.

Good Luck with your next test though, let us all know how it goes. I'm sure you can do it once you polish up that RRC and TIR, because as you admitted you don't normally make those mistakes wink

Gemma
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.

#12 27-10-05 09:28:42

SusiQ

morning tests dont suit everybody - but they did suit Gemma and i (thanks for kind words there Gemma wink ) Maybe not TOO early though because as you found out, its nicer if you are a little bit more awake  lol
I got both my tests for mornings, second one being the 9-37 ( i think  :oops:),that gave me enough time to wake up, have a bit of breakfast, do some practice and then on with the test, but not enough time to get worked up over it.
If you feel you do something wrong please dismiss it and focus on your drive. The error might not be anywhere near as bad as you thought, (judging by your post, i would say you were actually quite suprised by how well you did do even with the fail.) so ignore it and enjoy your drive. I think that is a big key to passing, enjoying yourself and forgetting about what is now in the past.
Let us know how you get on? big_smile

#13 27-10-05 10:56:44

markA.d.I

Keep focused no matter what you may think went wrong ....

Only one person decides if you pass or fail .... just put it behind you, show them how good you are! smile

#14 27-10-05 11:38:56

sunshine_gurly

for me i found i was more nervous on my second test that my first and again even more nervous on my third test waiting for my name to be called, i was almost in tears i was that nervous, but the examiner was friendly and showed confidence in me and me nerves settled after leaving the test centre and i passed.

maybe start a convo with the examiner, let him know your a bit nervous and have a little joke with him before leaving the t.c maybe that way he'll engage with you a bit more, help keep you relaxed and you will feel less nervous! just drive, drive, drive and show him what you can do !!  lol

#15 27-10-05 14:10:17

sarita

sunshine_gurly wrote:

maybe start a convo with the examiner, let him know your a bit nervous and have a little joke with him before leaving the t.c maybe that way he'll engage with you a bit more, help keep you relaxed and you will feel less nervous! just drive, drive, drive and show him what you can do !!  lol

i had the most scariest examiner, and i did tell him i was nervous when i could barely speak 2 answer the bonnet question, and he just looked at me strangly.
three examiners came out at the same time and i got the last and terifying 1.
at least next time ill have an examiner that ill feel more comftable than this 1.ill hav sum 1 2 compre the next 1 with...no 1 can be as bad than the 1 that i had

#16 27-10-05 14:42:41

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

sarita wrote:

i had the most scariest examiner, and i did tell him i was nervous when i could barely speak 2 answer the bonnet question, and he just looked at me strangly.

yeah don't worry bout the examiner - you obviously got a grumpy-un lol they're not all like that, most of them are lovely lol  lol  wink

Gemma
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.

#17 28-10-05 15:08:28

sarita

sarita wrote:

yeah don't worry bout the examiner - you obviously got a grumpy-un lol they're not all like that, most of them are lovely lol  lol  wink

phew.i hope so.so on my next test my (nice) examiner will make me feel more at ease by a mile.
would have been worse if i had a nice 1 now and had a horid one at my next test.

#18 28-10-05 16:07:24

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

All 3 of my examiners i had (I had same guy for my 2nd and 4th tests) were absolutely lovely people. Calming me down, checking i was ok etc. Not all of them are like your first one so just forget him - put him out of your mind - its unlikely you will get him again anyways wink I mean they are humans - my last one joked with me the whole way through because he knew talking etc helped me and he remembered me from before (flip knows why me, but he did lol  lol ), i nearly dropped the bonnet on my fingers where i was shaky so bless him he held the car key for me lol  lol

There are nice examiners at end of day a majority of them are human and understanding  tongue  wink

Gemma
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.

#19 30-10-05 16:00:18

sarita

All 3 of my examiners i had (I had same guy for my 2nd and 4th tests) were absolutely lovely people. Calming me down, checking i was ok etc. Not all of them are like your first one so just forget him - put him out of your mind - its unlikely you will get him again anyways wink I mean they are humans - my last one joked with me the whole way through because he knew talking etc helped me and he remembered me from before (flip knows why me, but he did lol  lol ), i nearly dropped the bonnet on my fingers where i was shaky so bless him he held the car key for me lol  lol

There are nice examiners at end of day a majority of them are human and understanding  tongue  wink

yeah i was just unfortunate 2 get that 1%o of bad examiners.
he he, you droped the bonet on your fingers! i know i shudnt laugh but thats really funny

#20 30-10-05 16:06:57

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

sarita wrote:

yeah i was just unfortunate 2 get that 1%o of bad examiners.
he he, you droped the bonet on your fingers! i know i shudnt laugh but thats really funny

nearly not quite - i moved ma fingers before it clunked shut lol  lol

Gemma
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.

#21 08-11-05 19:35:20

sarita

how much does the practical test cost? exactly?

#22 08-11-05 19:38:48

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

£45.50 for normal hours
for an out-of-hours one its £55 i think lol

Gemma
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.

#23 09-11-05 11:22:58

luchell

I had a great driver take her test yesterday. Before hand she was racing with adrenalin. Only two ways that can go im thinking! it will either help her concentrate or she will buckle under with her nerves.

Unfortuanatly she feel to pieces nerves wise and commited one serious fault on use of gears, she should have selected 2nd instead selecting 1st causing the car to slow far to much for the circumstances with a car behind.

You'll do it next time, im sure like my pupil you have the ability. My pupil said her whole head became clouded with little mistakes she was making. Next time she is going to focus solely on the drive(that was the intention anyhow but easier said than done sometimes if nerves take hold of you)

Havre you got your next test booked now?

Board footer