You are not logged in.

#1 25-10-05 14:56:48

markA.d.I

Smart Forfour

I am going to go inde' within the next 6 months, have been trying and looking into all sorts of cars, have a minin 1d at the moment which i adore.

What are your thoughts on the smart 4 4 ?

would it be easy to get duals for it ?

really like the look of it, and am very tempted to get one in black and white, they do a punchy diesel !

should i dare to be different ?

mini is great, but i am not the sort of person to have the same car year after year? :?:

25-10-05 14:56:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Smart Forfour

#2 25-10-05 15:24:45

DAVE-ADI

Have you checked the visibility out of the rear window?  The one I looked at, only briefly admittedly,  was bad.

#3 25-10-05 15:33:12

markA.d.I

not driven one yet ... intend to go and have a go at the weekend!

#4 25-10-05 19:00:46

Bounty Hunter
Verified Member
Website

Hello, be very wary of cars with poor all round visibily as the DSA seem to have some sort of campaign going on at the moment, the pug 206 cc looks like being the next one to be deemed unacceptable for test due to poor visbility.

Tony

Chinese proverb "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

#5 25-10-05 20:21:31

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi Bounty Hunter
This is at the same time that they are bringing in regulations to prevent LGV and B+E tests being taken in vehicles with a through view to the rear, closed box trailers and trucks to be the requirement in the future.

#6 25-10-05 21:39:32

Bounty Hunter
Verified Member
Website

Hi, "to see or not to see that is the question"  lol

Tony

Chinese proverb "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

#7 26-10-05 16:47:24

Rob
Verified Member
Website

I believe a roofbox is out of the question as are magnetic L plates as the panels are plastic.

Nice looking car tho

#8 26-10-05 18:56:20

markA.d.I

Good thinking Rob, that never crossed my mind! .... could have been expensive as i am just about to order a roof box lol , will have a re-think about the smart!

#9 26-10-05 19:13:37

sparkle

Dont have a roof box !!! i dont.. much better just L's

#10 26-10-05 19:28:51

markA.d.I

Dont use one at the moment, but will invest when i fly solo ... good to have my number up in the sky!

i get really bleep off taking my L's off, my pass plus magnet, my adi octogan, my side decals  every night !!. (sodding kids will nick 'em otherwise :twisted: ).

I just think it will be easier to whip on and off!!.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#11 26-10-05 20:30:57

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Vinyl decals are very hard for the kids to nick, but with hot water or a hairdryer they're easy to remove.

Can look much better than magnetics as well.

Stick nicely to plastic. big_smile

Regards,

#12 18-06-06 14:22:10

jonks

Smart Forfour

If you use, or have used this kind of car for driving instruction, please tell us what you think of it as training car.

#13 07-09-06 18:07:29

andywatson

hi Ive got 1 its a great wee car its the 1.1 3cylinder turbo so only £40 road tax its well built mostly with parts from Mercedes part bins (not a bad thing)its looks stand out it has plastic panels that are good as they don't dent that easy you can swap them if you get bored of the colour OK so thats the good bits now the bad small back window but all wee cars suffer from that now and the lane change indicators can misslead a pupil if they push up a wee bit to much when canceling a signal the car indicates the other way (4 flashes) so the pupil then pushes back down and signal the other way and so on apart from that it a braw we car o and you can get it serviced at any merc garage

#14 07-09-06 22:44:18

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Thought they stopped making them due to poor sales !

kjs

#15 08-09-06 16:31:17

andywatson

no not yet i think a lot pepole think that they are a lot more expensive than they are on the road just over 7 grand as an Adi you get 5% off +duel controls an extra speedo and your signwriting

#16 08-09-06 16:44:16

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Board footer