You are not logged in.

#1 18-10-05 10:28:21

markA.d.I

1st check test done and dusted ....

just got back from my first check test, it was brilliant and i enjoyed it big time, got a grade 4 but just missed out on a 5, main reasons i didnt make a 5 was because i didnt warn the pupil of the effects of an extra person in the car, also i asked pupil to put on his lights as the weather was rotten and he only put his side lights on and i didnt notice  roll !!.

To anyone about to do a check test, relax, it was so informative and the se was so helpfull, wish i had nailed that 5, i cant wait to do the next one and it really isnt nout to worry about.

covered observations on manouvres, used T.I.R to sort them out, pupil was a little to good though, ran through it twice and he got it spot on so we went onto positioning on roundabouts. sorry to go on i am on a high as i was dreading it lol !

18-10-05 10:28:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 1st check test done and dusted ....

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 18-10-05 10:31:53

VandADI
Administrator

markA.d.I wrote:

just got back from my first check test, it was brilliant and i enjoyed it big time, got a grade 4 but just missed out on a 5, main reasons i didnt make a 5 was because i didnt warn the pupil of the effects of an extra person in the car,

This sounds so familiar  lol  I DID warn the pupil of extra weight in car but SE wanted more info.  e.g. that it could also happen on test when SE sits in back and observes the DE during learner test   roll

#3 18-10-05 11:17:37

markA.d.I

bit annoying that as i had planned to go through the extra person/effects of ..... totally slipped from my mind .... dooh  lol

#4 18-10-05 12:44:23

TDC
Verified Member

nice one mark
lets be honest when you are driving do you really notice a major difference in the car with an extra person in the back, ses just like to be noticed i guess,   next time i'll say its more noticeable the fatter the person hehe

Im so good its unbelievable

#5 18-10-05 12:47:25

markA.d.I

thanks tdc .. you are right, makes very little difference i think ... never mind, just got to play there game.

i remember you saying the check test is nothing to fear .... and you were spot on .....  lol

#6 18-10-05 13:58:36

LeanneADI
Verified Member

Well done!!

I mentioned the extra weight before I got to the TC.  Oops!!  My pupil stalled on a hill and I said to use extra gas but without the reason of the guy in the back weighing us down!!

Leanne

#7 18-10-05 14:05:23

markA.d.I

thanks leanne, hopefully other readers make a note of this for there check test's .... seems to be a common error, and annoying one at that! smile

#8 18-10-05 14:15:29

TDC
Verified Member

i honestly think next person who gets 'picked up' on it should say they said it to their pupil before the CT started as the pupils real lesson has already been underway before the SE gets in . And i will challenge it as its not a major difference

#9 18-10-05 16:22:07

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
I used to have an SE who was "about as far through as a blade of grass", my comment to the pupil was along the lines of "There is an extra person in the back but in view of the Power to Weight ratio of this car he shouldn't make more than a marginal difference to the performance of the car".
The SE made no comment whatsoever in the debrief.

#10 18-10-05 21:40:42

ck
Website

Hi Mark,
well done must be good to get it over with, I was just wondering if you were offered the option of this first check test being educational and therefore not getting a grade. I ask this, as a friend of mine had his first check a couple of weeks ago and was not given this option.
I wonder if they are not offering this because they are so far behind and don't have time to come back in 6 months, which is not fair really as in your case if you took an educational in 6 months time it's almost a cert that you would get a five. In anycase are these two pretty minor things justification for not getting the five.

#11 18-10-05 22:43:24

T

From what i have gathered in my limited time as an instructor it would seem that a 4 is the best that most will achieve during their 1st CT. Nerves being the biggest factor of the outcome but also that the SE wants to keep us on our toes by giving us more to aim for. A 6 is unheard of for a 1st CT and if you have a look at all forums covering this topic very few will have received a 5. The way the SE is probably looking at it is that we have nothing to work for if he/she gives us a 6 and probably we'd rest on our laurels and become complacent. Everything you work hard for seems to be the most appreciated in our lives.

So well done for getting your 4 which in my opinion is a 6 for your 1st CT

#12 19-10-05 06:27:48

TDC
Verified Member

hi ck i beleive it can only be an educational if its within 12 months of you passing part three, else even tho the delay isnt your fault it can tbe educational!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#13 19-10-05 07:22:39

Ozzie

markA.d.I wrote:

thanks leanne, hopefully other readers make a note of this for there check test's .... seems to be a common error, and annoying one at that! smile

My pupil stalled on my check test. I reminded her to give it a bit more gas because of "with all due respect the additional weight of our friend in the back". I got slated because I didn't use his name, despite the fact that he didn't introduce himself to me, and the only clue I got was a glance of his name badge, and the childish handwriting on the original check test letter.

We almost had a scrap in the DTC car park, and he told me to "come to Glasgow and we can discuss it futher".

I still got a 5 though, but if I see his name on the next check test letter, I will refuse to go.

Oz

#14 19-10-05 07:31:57

markA.d.I

Hi all thanks for the replies, i was not given the option of it being an educational .... to be honest, if you offered me the 4 prior to my first check i would have taken it !!!.

My favourite post was the one that said a 4 is a 6 on your first attempt wink  !!!!!.

spoke to my trainer (i had a couple of hours brushing up with him a month ago) and he said that getting graded first time is fairly rare?, i now intend to sart looking into rospa, iam then the diploma. might even have a look at doing the skid pan course for a bit of fun!.

se said that all new green badge holders would benifit from sitting in with more experienced instructors, so i am going to tap up a few pals and see if i can sit in for a day (if i can afford a day off!).

#15 04-12-05 03:21:33

pdi

A good question to ask a pupil while on a check test with the se in the back would be who would be responsible by law if the passenger being over 14 were to refrain from wearing their seat belt.

#16 05-12-05 20:48:37

markA.d.I

It's funny you should say that ......

Se did not put his belt on, that i did notice.

asked my pupil " is are passenger belted up ?"

he asked the se to pop his belt on, then asked had he seen the tv advert with the guy's and there piza?

was very proud of him!

he passed his test 1st time with 2 m's. top lad!.

#17 06-12-05 00:41:19

pdi

nice one!! By the way i love the avatar! yeah but no but anyway it weren't me so shut up!

Board footer