You are not logged in.

#1 05-07-04 16:06:23

mickety

LDC Help Please

Hi everyone, Im fairly new here and this is my first post.

I really need some help from LDC trainee instructors/qualified who trained with LDC.

Does anyone know how their Career Development loan works??

I understood that a CDL was a deferred payment until after graduation and payment started 4 weeks after qualification/employment begins?

The training offer states deposit now and the balance in 28 days under the CDL section.

I cant seem to contact anyone who could enlighten on this issue at LDC. (person not available)

I would be grateful of any help here guys....Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah...my training should begin next Monday 12th July.

05-07-04 16:06:23

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: LDC Help Please

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 06-07-04 05:22:31

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Hi mickety,
i dont know how the CDL works, but i am an LDC instructor, and this is how i paid for my training.....

I took voluntary redundancy in nov 02, but as it was a mass redundancy, i was able to go to the job centre and apply for financial help.  They offered to pay £1000 towards my training, but i had to complete it first. as i knew i was getting a lump sum in nov, and i was starting in august 02, i paid deposit, with money i had in bank then got a new credit card with a 0% for 6 months deal, and paid it all on there to get the discount.  then paid minimum payment, until i got my redundancy package, once that was in bank i cleared balance off, hence paying no interest. then when i applied for part3 LDC got in touch with job centre, and a few weeks later i received a cheque for £1374. (that covered £1000, plus parts1,2&3 test and my £200 green licence fee!)

i think if you go down the CDL road, you will probably have to pay interest, so try a new credit card!!  with 0% interest.

Have you spoke to Jackie Morris, i think she deals with financial side of things?

robbie

#3 06-07-04 07:09:45

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi mickety,

CDL's are pretty straight forward, but I must warn you not everyone is accepted on the scheme.

There are 3 providers at the moment - The co-op bank, the royal bank of Scotland and barclays.

LDC ask for a deposit, you then choose your provider and make the application, which can take up to 3 weeks.

If successful you pay the course fees to LDC.

You then have an interest free loan for the period of training plus 1 month, then you start paying it back at whatever rate you agreed with your provider.

If you have been in employment within the last 3 months then you can only get 80% of the course fees. The funds should not be applied to any franchise or set up fees.

The best way forward now is to have a look at this link - http://www.lifelonglearning.co.uk/cdl/

Hope that helps.

Regards

#4 06-07-04 12:15:14

mickety

Thanks for the help Robbie and Big Red.

Ive got it sorted now, I did contact Jackie and we discovered that the application pack they sent to me was minus the CDL bank form, that will be sent out today.

Big Red:I was told at interview that not all applicants are sucessful with a CDL from the banks but was asured that LDC have quite few flexible payment methods.

Thank You for the advice.

Board footer