You are not logged in.

#1 16-10-05 21:42:32

BIG G
Website

Check test

Hi all,
  Got my first check test on wednesday after three years of being an A.D.I. Was planning to teach motorways. What would you do if the pupil made a mistake on the lesson? Would you devate from the original lesson plan as you would  with a provisional licence holder? Your thoughts would be helpful cause I'am bricking it! Thanks

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups

16-10-05 21:42:32

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check test

#2 16-10-05 23:34:01

T

Considering that your pupil is a licence holder i wouldn't stray from the topic unless they do something dangerous. If your pupil is a newly qualified driver and had been trained by yourself then i'd imagine that most of their driving will still be to your standards so there really shouldn't be a reason to veer off the beaten track. As for worrying! it's another lesson that's all and the more you realise that the easier the CT will go.

#3 17-10-05 07:23:24

TDC
Verified Member

depends what the aims and objectives set out at the beginning of the lesson are as to whether youd need to deviate following any errors.  Best to show you are aware theyve been made with some related Q&A on the move then if satisfactory keep going whilst trying to try out the problem area again naturally somewhere on the route  ie slight rollback pulling away  etc etc .

First one for 3 years, you pass as a 6 then?

In any case as T says its a lesson, if your lessons are normally high quality then whats the worry, just do a normal one else raise the standards a bit for the CT and for ever more.  big_smile

youll do fine

Im so good its unbelievable

#4 18-10-05 06:12:13

Rob
Verified Member
Website

Is the motorway close enough for you to do a 1 hr lesson?

#5 20-10-05 06:58:10

BIG G
Website

I've now just completed my first chech test and got a grade 5 which I'm very happy with big_smile  I actully got a grade 4 when I passed, I just think I got lost in the system for three years.
For anyone about to do there 1st don't worry it was a great experiance and the seadi was realy helpful.

Bring on the next one :!:

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups

#6 20-10-05 12:03:57

markA.d.I

well done mate, just did my first check test yesterday .... passed prt 3 with a 5-4, does that have any bearing on when you will be check tested ?, got a grade 4 ..... like you said, nothing to fear and i cant wait to improve my grade next time !! smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 20-10-05 12:55:11

-=IceMan=-
Website

AFAIK Grade 4's get a CT within about 2-3yrs, dunno about 5's but 6's they leave alone for up to 8-9 years as if you got a 6 then you've got a long way to slide down, should take a while for the bad habits to set in wink

event.png
Time is all relative. Grab a hot pan and an instant feels like an hour. Grab a hot woman and an hour feels like an instant.

#8 21-10-05 20:32:07

BONNY1708

As far as I am aware the grade you get on your part 3 does nothing for when you get a check test. I tell my students that if they haven't heard within about 9 months then contact dsa to get the first one done inside the first 12 months. It will be an educational if done by then. If it is after 12 months you get a grade no matter what.

Ice man just worked out what AFAIK means  :oops:

After your first graded CT grade 4 = 2 years. grade 5 = 4 years and grade 6 = 5 years. It does depend on how overworked your SEADI is though.

BONNY1708

#9 21-10-05 20:45:55

markA.d.I

could tell me what it stands for please ?? :oops:

#10 22-10-05 11:19:24

BONNY1708

As Far As I Know........... I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board footer