You are not logged in.

#1 05-07-04 10:40:10

VickyWelton

Scary Stuff

Hi Everyone,

Well, I've taken the jump and am going off to teach on a Trainee Licence. I leave normal full time PAYE employment and start to work for Martins in Farnborough covering the Guildford/Aldershot area as a self-employed instructor on Monday 12th July.

The only thing I am really worried about is not having enough work.  So far I have rather a lot of room in my diary and am scared that I am not going to pay my bills at the end of each month.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get more work/market yourself?

Thanks,
Vicky

05-07-04 10:40:10

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Scary Stuff

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 05-07-04 12:56:52

adi
Verified Member
Website

Hi,
Your in at the deep end really. It takes time to get business for yourself unless you spend fortunes on advertising. The longer you do the job the more recommendations will come your way. Hopefully your sponsor will provide enough. Best advice really though is not to give up your job until you qualify. Trainee licences should be used for real practice and not seen as employment. I say this mainly because the examination process is hard enough as it is, let alone of having the extra pressure of 'having to pass to save yourself from going under too'. A short term idea may be to make some special offer laeflets to hand to pupils coming out of colleges. You can pick up a couple of clients that way.
Good luck!

#3 05-07-04 15:13:30

Midge
Website

I found one of the quickest methods of getting extra pupils was to offer your existing pupils a free lesson if they recommended someone, to be given after the new pupils had taken three lessons.
I do agree with the others though, it seems very hard to do enough studying if you are working long hours, and it puts too much presure on you to pass.
Midge

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

#4 06-07-04 05:28:10

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Hi Vicky,
i started 12months ago and i had same problem!

I did a sunday market for 2 weeks, while i was waiting for my pink to come through, but i already had car to have on display, and ran the LDC intro offer! this filled my diary up very quickly, and the 2nd week i just went along with no offer, but handed out flyers and free theory books (supplied by LDC!), although i didnt get anyone sign up then, i was getting calls upto 5 weeks later, saying they had seen me at market.
It gets you noticed, and they do get busy.  i paid about £45 for the 2 weeks which was good, considering i got about 20 pupils from it!

So if you have sunday markets nearby try that!
Another is a car boot sale!

robbie

Board footer